This stewing pot stuffing is a blend of bread blocks, sauteed vegetables and flavors, all positioned in the sluggish cooker to make a tasty and heavenly side dish. An incredible method to let loose broiler space when you’re making a major occasion feast!
I generally run into an issue when I’m setting up a vacation dinner: insufficient broiler space! To take care of this issue, I go to different apparatuses like my smoker, slow cooker or Instant Pot. This stewing pot stuffing has a similar exemplary taste, however doesn’t need a broiler which makes it very helpful.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CROCK POT STUFFING?
Start by cutting your bread into 3D squares, then, at that point you can either heat it in the stove, or let it sit out for the time being to dry out. Cook the onions and celery in margarine until they’re delicate, then, at that point place the vegetables in an enormous bowl with the bread 3D shapes. Add spices, eggs and chicken stock to the bowl, then, at that point throw all that together to join. Coat an enormous stewing pot with cooking shower, then, at that point sprinkle margarine over the top. Cover and cook on high, then, at that point low warmth, until the stuffing is finished. At last, sprinkle the stuffing with new parsley and serve.
- 10 cups hearty white bread cubes such as French bread, country style bread or sliced hearty white bread, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 tablespoons butter divided use
- 1 cup onion finely diced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/4 cup sage leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves chopped, divided use
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- Leave the bread out overnight spread out on baking sheets to get stale. Or, you can bake your bread cubes at 225 degrees F, stirring occasionally, until they get crisp which should take about one hour.
- Coat a 6 quart crock pot with cooking spray.
- Melt 8 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Place the bread cubes in a very large bowl, then add the cooked vegetables.
- Add the sage, 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley and thyme leaves to the bowl.
- Add the eggs, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the bowl. Toss gently until everything is well combined.
- Spoon the stuffing into the crock pot. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle it over the top.
- Cover the crock pot. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes, then switch the heat to LOW and cook for 4 hours.
- Uncover the pot, then sprinkle the remaining parsley over the top and serve.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 276mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 770IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 3.2mg