This Southern pineapple meal is pineapple, cheddar and rich saltines, all heated together to make a sweet and appetizing side dish. A special and unforeseen backup to turkey, ham or chicken, and it generally gets rave surveys.
In the event that you haven’t attempted pineapple meal, you are thoroughly passing up a major opportunity. The mix of sweet and delicious pineapple, cheddar and saltines just can’t be bested! The best part is that this requires only minutes to assemble and can be ready early for an exceptional event.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PINEAPPLE CASSEROLE?
Spot canned pineapple pieces, flour, pineapple juice, earthy colored sugar, granulated sugar and cheddar in a bowl. Mix until very much consolidated. Pour the pineapple combination in an even layer in a preparing dish. Blend softened spread in with squashed wafers. Sprinkle the saltines over the pineapple combination. Heat until brilliant brown. Add a sprinkle of parsley whenever wanted, then, at that point serve and appreciate.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT DISH
Make certain to utilize pineapple pressed in juice, not weighty syrup. You should hold a portion of the juice from the jars to use in the formula.
You can utilize a 9 inch square preparing skillet, a pie plate or a 2 quart artistic heating dish for this formula.
I normally utilize a rich saltine like Ritz wafers. Any rich style saltine will turn out great.
Skirt the pre-destroyed packs of cheddar and mesh your own all things being equal. Locally acquired destroyed cheddar is regularly covered in additives and against hardening specialists and doesn’t soften well.
This goulash is best when served quickly, as the wafers can relax over the long run.
I add a little parsley on top for a bit of shading and new character, however this is discretionary.
Pineapple goulash is extraordinary when matched with ham, and is an exemplary occasion dish in the South.
I like the blend of brown and white sugar combined as one, however you can likewise utilize all white sugar in the event that you like for a milder character.
- 2 20 ounce cans pineapple chunks drain and reserve 1/4 cup juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 40 buttery crackers such as Ritz, crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped, optional
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 inch square pan or 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the pineapple, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour and cheese in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into the pan and spread into an even layer.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crackers and butter.
- Sprinkle the crackers over the pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Add parsley if desired, then serve.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 680IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 238mg | Iron: 1mg