This Thanksgiving salad is a mix of blended greens, new apples, pomegranate seeds, blue cheddar and sweetened walnuts, all prepared in a hand crafted vinaigrette. A simple and merry plate of mixed greens that makes any occasion supper uncommon!
No dinner is finished without a green plate of mixed greens, even around special times of year! My Thanksgiving salad is the ideal blend of sweet and appetizing fixings, and requires only minutes to assemble.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THANKSGIVING SALAD?
Daintily cut your #1 assortment of apples, then, at that point place them in a bowl of blended greens alongside disintegrates of blue cheddar, sweet candy-coated walnuts and new pomegranate seeds. Make a custom made apple juice dressing with a small bunch of storeroom fixings, then, at that point pour the dressing over the serving of mixed greens and throw everthing together to consolidate. Serve quickly and appreciate!
For the salad
- 7 cups mixed spring greens
- 1 1/2 cups sliced apples I prefer Pink Lady or Honeycrisp
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup high quality blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup candied pecans coarsely chopped
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the mixed greens, apples, pomegranate seeds, blue cheese and candied pecans in a large bowl.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, whisk until combined and dressing has emulsified.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad mixture to taste, then gently toss to coat. You may have dressing left over. Serve immediately.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 133IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 1mg