This chicken broccoli goulash is a one pot feast with sauteed chicken, rice, broccoli florets and cheddar, polished off with a crunchy besting. A solace food exemplary that is fast to make and consistently gets rave audits!
Goulashes are well known all things considered – they’re speedy to gather, feed a group and can be effortlessly altered to suit your preferences. This chicken broccoli goulash is a finished supper in one pot, and is on my ordinary supper menu pivot.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE?
Start by cooking diced crude chicken in a huge pot until brilliant brown. Add onions and garlic, then, at that point cook until the veggies are delicate. Mix in uncooked rice, cream of chicken soup, chicken stock and Italian flavoring, then, at that point cook until the rice is delicate. Mix in broccoli florets during the most recent couple of minutes of the rice cooking time. Add a large portion of the cheddar to the rice, then, at that point sprinkle the remainder of the cheddar over the top. Add a layer of squashed buttered saltines, then, at that point place the skillet in the stove. Heat until the cheddar is softened and wafers are brilliant brown. Sprinkle with parsley, then, at that point serve right away.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT CASSEROLE
- I like to utilize crude chicken bosom tenders for this formula, since they stay extremely delicate when cooked and are not difficult to cut into reduced down pieces. Cubed chicken bosom will likewise turn out great.
- I regularly utilize new broccoli since I discover it has the best surface, however frozen broccoli will likewise work. Simply try to defrost the broccoli first.
- This formula is intended to be made with long grain white rice. Earthy colored rice sets aside more effort to cook and will require more fluid on the off chance that you decide to go that course.
- Skirt the locally acquired destroyed cheddar and mesh your own all things considered. Pre-destroyed cheddar contains hostile to building up specialists and additives and regularly doesn’t dissolve without a hitch.
- 3 tablespoons butter divided use
- 1 pound raw chicken tenderloins or chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup long grain white rice uncooked
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided use
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup buttery crackers such as Ritz, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large oven safe pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned.
- Add the onion and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Next, add the rice, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and cook for 12 minutes. Uncover the pan and stir in the broccoli. Cover the pan. Bring the mixture back to a simmer and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Uncover the pan and stir in half the cheddar cheese, and all of the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the crackers to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the top, then add the crackers over the cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crackers are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 716mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 738IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 311mg | Iron: 2mg