This cornbread meal is a mix of corn biscuit blend, canned corn, creamed corn, preparing, eggs and margarine, all heated together to make a good dish that is ideally suited for taking care of a group. Cornbread dish combines impeccably with turkey, chicken or fish and makes for an incredible occasion side.
Consistently when special times of year roll around, I make cornbread dish. It has every one of the extraordinary kinds of cornbread, however is rarely dry or brittle and is stacked with flavor. I love that this formula rushes to assemble, takes care of a many individuals, and utilizations fixings that I regularly have available.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CORNBREAD CASSEROLE?
This dish has a player that is made with canned corn, creamed corn, spread, eggs, harsh cream and corn biscuit blend. Essentially mix every one of the fixings together until very much joined, then, at that point spread the player into a lubed container. Heat the meal until the top is brilliant brown and the middle is set. Sprinkle with new spices whenever wanted, then, at that point serve and appreciate.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT DISH
I utilize canned corn for the accommodation factor, however this dish additionally functions admirably with new corn or frozen corn portions.
This formula is most ordinarily made with Jiffy corn biscuit blend. In the event that your store doesn’t convey Jiffy, any crate of cornbread or biscuit blend that is a similar weight will turn out great.
Extra cornbread dish will remain new in the fridge for as long as 4 days. You can warm individual bits of meal in the microwave, or warm the entire goulash by covering the dish with foil and preparing at 325 degrees F until warmed through.
Hoping to save money on a couple of calories? Go ahead and utilize light acrid cream and cut the margarine down the middle.
You can undoubtedly twofold this formula and prepare it in a 9″x13″ prospect bigger gathering.
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 8 1/2 ounce box corn muffin mix such as Jiffy
- 15 ounce can corn kernels drained
- 14 3/4 ounce can creamed corn do not drain
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped herbs such as parsley, thyme or chives
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 8 or 9 inch square pan, or 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the butter, eggs, corn muffin mix, corn kernels, creamed corn, sugar, sour cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir until a thick batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it into an even layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is browned.
- Let cool for 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh herbs if desired, then serve and enjoy.
- The casserole is ready when the top is lightly browned and the inside is just set. You can check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the casserole, it should come out with a few crumbs attached.
- Use a knife and spatula to cut squares of the casserole, or scoop it out of the pan with a large serving spoon.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 473mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 690IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1.5mg