Switching up everyone’s favorite cheesy dip with these baked Queso Fundido Taquitos, each served up with a salted avocado lime crema. We’ve got three kinds of cheese, smoky and spicy poblano, chipotle peppers, plus Mexican chorizo. Everything gets rolled up in tortillas, and oven-baked. These taquitos are crunchy on the outside, but spicy and oh so cheesy inside. It’s queso but reversed, because the dip is inside the chip…and it’s so much better! Serve with a creamy avocado lime crema, and a mix of your favorite sauces. These taquitos come together in minutes and are so delicious. They’re the perfect easy appetizer to serve just about any time of the year.
In case there was ever a game day tidbit to present, it’s these taquitos. Gracious my gosh, these are GOOD. I outrageously wondered whether or not to share these after consecutive game day motivated plans this week, however I simply cherished this formula to an extreme. It’s so ideal for this present Sunday’s down.
So we should all accept this cheddar filled game day sort of week. One week from now, we’ll do a plate of mixed greens or something better. It will be extraordinary… balance, isn’t that so?
At any rate, its an obvious fact that we love any sort of Mexican formula around here. I’ve been particularly adoring Mexican dishes since the time I started the year off with those hand crafted Crunchwrap Supremes. For one’s purposes, the flavors in Mexican cooking are flavors my family appreciates generally… hot, now and then smoky, and a greater number of times than not, combined with a little cheddar and avocado. Be that as it may, beside the heavenliness, Mexican dinners are essentially fun, everybody loves them. Furthermore, a Mexican night is simply one more extraordinary reason to stir up a major group of margaritas and have a great time night in the kitchen.
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Prep Time 15 MINUTES
Cook Time 25 MINUTES
Total Time 40 MINUTES
- 1/2 pound ground Mexican chorizo (optional)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 poblano, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 16-20 corn tortillas, warmed
- yogurt, cilantro, salsa, shredded lettuce, and pickled onions, for serving
Avocado Lime Crema
- 2 avocados, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- juice from 2 limes
- flaky salt
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook the chorizo and onion, breaking up the meat as it cooks until the chorizo is browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the poblano pepper, and chipotle pepper, then remove from the heat. Drain off any excess grease.
- In a bowl, combine all the cheeses.
- Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave, until pliable. On a baking sheet, rub the tortillas with olive oil. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture down the middle of the tortilla, add a sprinkle of chorizo mixture then roll up and place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Take the chorizo mix and stuff it into either end of the taquito to better enclose the cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes, then flip and cook another 5 minutes more, or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the crema. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt.
- Serve the taquitos topped with avocado, pico de gallo, and any other desired toppings.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.