This air fryer steak is tender beef coated in seasonings, then air fried to golden brown perfection and topped with garlic and herb butter. An easy yet elegant meal that’s super easy to prepare and tastes like it came from a restaurant!
You can never go wrong with a nice cut of beef for dinner, and this air fryer steak recipe is an effortless way to get a memorable meal on the table in no time at all. The garlic butter takes just minutes to prepare, and really turns this dish into something special!
HOW DO YOU MAKE AIR FRYER STEAK?
Start by letting the meat rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. This will allow the meat to cook more evenly. Brush your steaks with a little olive oil, then season them generously with salt and pepper. Place the steaks in the air fryer, and make sure they’re not overlapping or touching so that there is room for air to circulate. Cook the steaks, flipping them halfway through. While the steaks are cooking, mix together softened butter, garlic, herbs and seasonings. After the steaks are finished cooking, let them rest for 5 minutes. Add a spoonful of herb butter on top, then serve and enjoy.
- 2 rib eye steaks I prefer bone-in, 12-16 ounces each
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs such as thyme, parsley or chives, plus more for garnish
- Let the steaks sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for at least 10 minutes.
- Brush the olive oil over the steaks. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks in a single layer in the air fryer. They should not overlap or touch.
- Cook for 6 minutes per side for medium level of doneness.
- While the steaks are cooking, place the butter, garlic and herbs in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the steaks rest for at least 5 minutes after they come out of the air fryer. Place a dollop of butter on top of each steak.
- Slice the steak. Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired, then serve.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 401mg | Potassium: 485mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg