A delicious Baked Potato Dinner Board with all your favorite toppings, perfect for a casual party! Serve a hot bowl of chili in the center!
You’ll get dinner on the table in no time, and you’ll spend minimal time cleaning up once the meal is done, which is what I love. Grab THE BIG BOARD links below!
Now for the weekend, take it a step further and serve a Friday night Baked Potato Dinner Board. Or, if you’re a sweet potato lover, grab all the info for my Epic Sweet Potato Dinner Board.
Since I’ve started sharing boards over the last three years, 99% of my recipes and ideas have been on a board with a small 1-2 inch lip.
The reason being, with all the entertaining that we have done, the other boards just don’t make sense.
THE FOOD FALLS OFF, right? Am I the only one that has had this happen?
I don’t even look for boards anymore unless they making serving easy! Grab my new EPIC size board info at the bottom of this post!
For now, here are the details for the EPIC Baked Potato Board and the different sizes of large boards, if you’re looking to use this idea for a large party! Oh, and it’s fun for a smaller dinner party, or just for dinner tonight with the family (size the board to your needs).
It’s simple, I prepare the board with all the toppings without the baked potatoes. Plan ahead by making room for them first. Right before you serve, place the hot potatoes on the board!
In other words, I always keep hot food in the oven until right before serving! Easy!
TIP: Each guest can slice their own potato before stuffing, to keep them nice and hot.
Baked Potato Dinner Board
prep time: 30 MINS
cook time: 1 HR
total time: 1 HR 30 MINS
course: MAIN COURSE
- 12 large Russet potatoes, baked (link to my recipe)
- 2 cans chili, heated up
- 12 pieces bacon, chopped
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- Blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Roasted garlic and herb butter, Trader Joe’s
- Back truffle butter, Trader Joe’s
- Black Forest ham, chopped
- Cranberry Jalapeno Dip, or a cream cheese dip
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Bake the potatoes and set aside.
- On a large prepared board, in the center, leave a space to add the bowl of the hot chili, right before serving.
- Place the chili toppings in small bowls and arrange around the chili bowl area.
- Arrange the hot potatoes around the outside of the board.
- Right before serving, slice each potato (to make easy for adding toppings). Add the hot bowl of chili to the center. Fill in the open areas with chips!
- Serve and enjoy!