This Italian plate of mixed greens is a mix of new greens, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, cheddar and bread garnishes, all threw together in a hand crafted dressing. A bright and simple plate of mixed greens that rushes to make and consistently gets rave audits from loved ones!
At the point when pizza, pasta or another Italian style delicacy is on the supper menu, I generally serve an Italian plate of mixed greens as an afterthought. You can’t turn out badly with new veggies, crunchy bread garnishes and parmesan in a rich dressing!
HOW DO YOU MAKE ITALIAN SALAD?
Start by setting up the dressing which is a mix of olive oil, vinegar, Italian dressing blend, spices, flavors and a bit of mayonnaise. Whisk everything together until the dressing is smooth and velvety. Spot romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, olives, parmesan cheddar, pepperoncinis and bread garnishes in a bowl. Shower the dressing over the plate of mixed greens then, at that point throw to consolidate. Serve quickly and appreciate!
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT SALAD
- I frequently purchase a pack of pre-washed and pre-slashed lettuce to save some time.
- The dressing will remain new in the cooler for as long as seven days in a container or sealed shut holder.
- This plate of mixed greens is best when served promptly, as the lettuce will mellow as it sits in the dressing.
- You can slash the veggies as long as 8 hours before you intend to serve the plate of mixed greens.
- I utilize a mandoline to cut my red onions as slim as could be expected.
- Any kind of cucumber will work here – I commonly utilize an English cucumber which shouldn’t be stripped or cultivated.
- You can purchase shaved parmesan in tubs at the supermarket, ordinarily in the store region. Or then again snatch a square of cheddar and a vegetable peeler and make your own shavings!
- In a rush? You can utilize your number one locally acquired Italian dressing as opposed to making your own.
For the salad
- 6 cups romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup cucumber quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pepperoncini peppers whole
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 3/4 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shaved
For the dressing
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
For the salad
- Place the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, pepperoncini, olives, croutons and parmesan in a large bowl.
For the dressing
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour approximately 2/3 cup of dressing over the salad. Toss until well combined, then serve immediately.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 482mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 251IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg