This is one of the best Thai coconut shrimp soup I’ve had. The layers upon layers of flavors this soup offers are so delicious. You get pops of coconut, lemon grass, ginger, lime, red curry flavors. Absolutely delicious! Even though this recipe its soup it can be a main entree by adding a bowl of rice.
This Thai coconut shrimp soup was enlivened by a variant I used to arrange when I was more youthful. My family and I would arrange from Thai eateries and we would arrange the Thai coconut shrimp soup. My entire family cherished it. We as a whole cherished shrimp and soup, this soup consistently came to the table. I love the richness of the coconut milk and the traces of lime from the kaffir leaves and the lemon grass. The shrimp takes it to an alternate level. We once requested a rendition with chicken, yet it was certainly unique. We incline toward shrimp! Assuming you rather have chicken, you can substitute the shrimp for the chicken.
Since I love Thai food and I generally request Thai coconut shrimp soup at cafés. I was anticipating attempting to make it at home and prepare to have your mind blown. This Thai coconut shrimp soup is far superior to the eatery variant. It’s an absolute necessity attempt in the event that you like Thai soups. I have made this soup for a few of my relatives and they generally love it. They return home requesting the formula. Something I adored with regards to this Thai coconut shrimp soup was the layers of flavors this soup offers. You can likewise eat it as an entrée by adding a bowl of rice. My significant other for the most part doesn’t care for having soup as entrées, however he ate it with a bowl of rice and was fulfilled.
This is one of the best Thai coconut shrimp soup I’ve had. The layers upon layers of flavors this soup offers are so delicious. You get pops of coconut, lemon grass, ginger, lime, red curry flavors. Absolutely delicious!
- PREP TIME 5 mins
- COOK TIME 45 mins
- TOTAL TIME 50 mins
- SERVINGS 6 people
- CALORIES 603 kcal
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use avocado oil)
- 2 inches ginger (1 inch wide – ¼ inch slices)
- 2 stalks lemon grass (1 inch long sliced diagonal)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 40 ounces coconut milk
- ½ pound mushrooms (shiitake or brown mushrooms)
- 2 lbs Shrimp
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped, fresh)
- ¼ cup basil julienne, fresh
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- In a large pot, pour the oil over medium heat, add the lemon grass, ginger, and red curry paste. Cook for about 3 minutes to allow the ingredient to release their flavor.
- Then slowly add the chicken broth, Kaffir lime leaves, and continue to stir until all ingredients are combined. Add the sugar and fish sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, coconut milk, and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until the shrimps are no longer translucent, about 5-10 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp. Remove kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, and ginger. Stir in the lime juice and salt. Garnish with basil and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Optional: If you like heat you can add Thai chili peppers when you add the coconut milk.
- Calories: 603kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 47g
- Saturated Fat: 36g
- Cholesterol: 381mg
- Sodium: 2657mg
- Potassium: 865mg
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 535IU
- Vitamin C: 22.4mg
- Calcium: 275mg
- Iron: 10.5mg