This white chicken stew is a velvety mix of chicken, chilies, beans and flavors, all stewed together to make a generous one pot supper. A fast and simple supper choice that consistently gets rave surveys!
Stew is an exemplary all things considered – it’s loaded with flavor, super filling and my children love it. This white chicken stew is a contort on the exemplary formula with diced chicken bosom and white beans in a smooth stock.
HOW DO YOU MAKE WHITE CHICKEN CHILI?
Start by cooking onions, garlic, chicken bosom and jalapeno in an enormous pot. Mix in an assortment of flavors, alongside green chiles and chicken stock. Carry the pot to a stew, then, at that point cook until the chicken and vegetables are delicate. Mix in white beans, then, at that point add a mix of harsh cream and cream cheddar to thicken and improve the soup. Add a press of lime juice, then, at that point serve the soup with your #1 garnishes.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT DISH
On the off chance that you have extra chicken or rotisserie chicken close by, you can utilize that as opposed to sauteeing new chicken bosom. Simply add the generally cooked chicken when you add the beans to the soup.
I eliminate the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno to make a gentle bean stew that is not very fiery for the children. In the event that you lean toward more warmth, you can leave a portion of the ribs and seeds in the pepper.
Chicken stew will remain new in the fridge for as long as 3 days. Assuming you need to freeze this soup, I suggest freezing it before you add the sharp cream and cream cheddar. Defrost the soup and warm, then, at that point mix in the dairy items just prior to serving.
Pick any fixings you like for this bean stew. A portion of my top picks incorporate olives, avocado, acrid cream, tortilla strips and destroyed cheddar.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno seeds and ribs removed, then minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 7 ounce can diced green chiles drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- assorted toppings such as cilantro, tortilla strips and avocado
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the onion to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just softened.
- Add the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Stir in the garlic and jalapeno and cook for one minute.
- Add the green chiles, cumin, coriander, oregano and chicken broth, along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Bring the soup to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans, sour cream and cream cheese. Turn the heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, until the cheese has melted and soup is creamy.
- Remove the chili from the heat. Stir in the lime juice. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 442IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg