Cauliflower steaks made oven roasted with simple seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Cutting the cauliflower into thick slices makes for a hearty and satisfying plant-based meal. I recommend serving these vegetable steaks with a flavorful sauce.
Stove broiled cauliflower steaks are the perfect answer for a fantastic plant-based dish or side. This whole dinner is made with new vegetables and flavors that you can without much of a stretch find in any storage space.
Thickly cut cauliflower steaks cook on a preparing sheet in an amazingly hot broiler, which permits it to be steamed and carmelized. This strategy guarantees delicate cooked cauliflower pieces with a brilliant covering, for a great difference in surfaces. The straightforward readiness of this formula permits imagination in flavors and sauces to present with every steak.
Cauliflower has been a most loved nutritious substitute for grains, particularly for those searching for a low carb elective, and the individuals who are on the Paleo or Whole30 diet. In case you’re searching for a meatless supper alternative, or on a plant-based eating regimen, this formula is an extraordinary decision to change around supper time.
In the wake of figuring out how to make cauliflower rice various ways, I was unable to stand by to transform this modest vegetable into the star of the plate!
Cauliflower steaks are easy to make entre that is oven roasted with simple seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Serve the vegetable steak with a flavorful sauce or toppings for a customizable dish.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Total Time 30 mins
- Servings 4 servings
- Course Entree
- Cuisine American
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Adjust oven rack to the lower third position. Preheat to 500ºF (260ºC).
- Remove the outer green leaves from the head of cauliflower and trim the stem.
- Using a large knife cut the cauliflower in half lengthwise through the center.
- Cut a 1 ½-inch thick steak from each half. If the head is large, carefully cut one more steak from each of the cut sides.
- Repeat process with the other head of cauliflower. Trim any florets not connected to the stem. There should be about 4 to 8 pieces total.
- Place cauliflower steaks on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of each cauliflower steak.
- Evenly sprinkle the seasoning mixture on both sides of the cauliflower steaks, about ¼ teaspoon per side.
- Tightly cover the baking sheet with foil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the cauliflower and roast for 10 minutes.
- Gently flip the cauliflower steak and roast until a golden brown crust forms on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with parsley.
- Depending on how large the cauliflower head, it may yield between 2 to 4 steaks.
- Sauce pairings: five-minute chimichurri or pesto sauce.
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 150Calories from Fat 108
- % Daily Value*
- Fat 12g18%
- Saturated Fat 2g10%
- Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat 8g
- Sodium 625mg26%
- Potassium 321mg9%
- Carbohydrates 9g3%
- Fiber 6g24%
- Sugar 3g3%
- Protein 4g8%
- Vitamin A 50IU1%
- Vitamin C 136.1mg165%
- Calcium 40mg4%
- Iron 0.7mg4%