A crisp morning merits a generous breakfast. However, you merit a solid breakfast. What’s an eager body to do? Prepare this good AND solid breakfast bowl. That is the thing that!
Loaded up with all the useful for-you stuff: kale, chickpeas, quinoa, purple cabbage and tart radish, this morning meal dish is an incredible method to get your greens. But on the other hand it has a madly lickable tahini-lemon dressing and is finished off with a seared egg. So the sweet piece of you can meet the cheeky part with you, and calmly share a morning meal table in style.
For this dish, go ahead and redesign or trade flavors, as wanted. In case you’re paleo, trade the potatoes for yams, and appreciate cauliflower rice rather than quinoa. Veggie lover eaters will need to nix the egg, obviously. Be that as it may, switch in a bit of singed tempeh, and all your plant-cherishing innards will sparkle with harmony and bliss.
Furthermore, talking about harmony and delight: give yourself a morning brimming with both by preparing the vast majority of this feast early. The potatoes and chickpeas can be cooked the prior night. So when you wake, all that is left is espresso and aggregating the all set fixings.
Obviously, on a sluggish Saturday, we wouldn’t anticipate that you should have spent Friday late evening remaining over the burner.
- 10 mini red potatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 clove fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 7⁄10 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup roasted beets
- 1 radish or watermelon radish, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place potatoes and chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic, drizzle with olive oil, season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or just until potatoes are tender. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- While potatoes and beans are roasting, mix together tahini, maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of this lemon-tahini mixture over kale and massage until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- In two large pasta bowls, layer kale, quinoa, chickpeas and potatoes, cabbage, beets and radish.
- Fry eggs in a skillet. Serve over bowl. Drizzle with remaining tahini-maple-lemon mixture. Top with avocado. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- NOTE: For a meat-lover’s option, serve with sliced chicken sausage.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Serving Size – 1/2 mixture
Calories – 1850
Carbohydrate – 260.5g
Cholesterol – 170mg
Fiber – 49.9g
Protein – 59.2g
Fat – 70.5g
Saturated Fat – 13.6g
Sodium – 488mg
Sugar – 45.8g