This chicken broccoli Alfredo pasta is sauteed chicken breast pieces and fresh broccoli, all tossed in a homemade creamy sauce. A quick and easy dinner option that’s always a big hit with both kids and adults.
When I need dinner on the table fast, I often turn to pasta dishes such as chicken pesto pasta, pasta bolognese and this chicken and broccoli Alfredo.
You can never go wrong with pasta for dinner, especially when it’s chicken broccoli Alfredo pasta! This dish is loaded with flavor, and can be customized in so many ways to fit your tastes.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI ALFREDO?
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water, then add the broccoli florets during the last few minutes of the cook time. While the pasta is cooking, saute pieces of chicken with garlic and Italian seasoning. Remove the chicken from the pan, then make the sauce by simmering butter with heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Toss the pasta, chicken and broccoli with the sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve and enjoy.
- 10 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 6 tablespoons butter divided use
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt and pepper to tastee
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. Add the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of the cooking time.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover to keep warm. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add the cream and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until just thickened – do not let it boil.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese, stirring continuously, until cheese has melted.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pasta, broccoli and chicken in the pan with the sauce. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Calories: 686kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 232mg | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 758mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2011IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 316mg | Iron: 2mg