These barbecued vegetables are a variety of vivid veggies washed in a tasty garlic and spice marinade, then, at that point cooked flawlessly on the barbecue. A simple dish that is speedy to make and consistently gets rave surveys! Barbecued veggies pair well with practically any protein like hamburger, fish or chicken.
At the point when I’m barbecuing up some meat, I generally make a side dish like barbecued asparagus, potato foil bundles, or these wonderful and delectable barbecued vegetables.
There are so many approaches to consolidate vegetables into your day by day diet, however I should say, barbecued vegetables are my outright top pick. They’re delicate thus tasty and smoky from the barbecue, I make them the entire summer! You can utilize any vegetables you like best for a very vivid side dish that is loaded with supplements.
HOW DO YOU MAKE GRILLED VEGETABLES?
This formula begins with new vegetables. I like to go with a rainbow shaded mix of red ringer peppers, little carrots, yellow squash, asparagus, red onions and mushrooms. The vegetables absorb a garlic and spice marinade, then, at that point go on the barbecue to burn flawlessly. I utilize my charcoal barbecue when the climate is decent, or my burner barbecue skillet when it’s cold outside.
WHAT VEGGIES ARE GOOD TO BBQ?
Most vegetables are incredible to throw on the barbecue, you’ll just need to avoid fragile verdant vegetables like kale or bok choy. Beside the veggies displayed in these photographs, other extraordinary vegetables to barbecue incorporate potatoes, brussels sprouts, yams, fresh corn and eggplant.
- 2 pounds assorted vegetables trimmed and halved or cut into 2 inch pieces. I used asparagus, mushrooms, red onion, red bell peppers, baby carrots and yellow squash.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves chopped
- lemon wedges for serving optional
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and minced garlic in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the vegetables to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Add the denser vegetables first, such as the carrots (or potatoes if using). Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the rest of the vegetables to the grill.
- Cook the vegetables for 3-5 minutes per side or until browned and tender.
- Place the vegetables on a serving plate. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3.6mg