This shrimp curry is stout shrimp and vivid vegetables, all stewed together in a coconut red curry sauce. A natively constructed rendition of the eatery most loved that is fast to make with the ideal mix of flavors!
At the point when I go to my neighborhood Thai café, I generally request an assortment of dishes including nut chicken, seared rice and shrimp curry. I’ve figured out how to make my own curry at home, and I believe it’s shockingly better than whatever you’d get when eating out.
This coconut shrimp curry has turned into a weeknight staple in my home. It contains fixings that I regularly have in my storage space, and is an incredible method to go through any miscellaneous items of extra veggies that you have close by. Add a side of rice and you’ll have a simple supper that everybody will adore.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SHRIMP CURRY?
This formula begins vegetables, which are cooked until delicate. Add coconut milk, curry glue and shrimp the container. Carry everything to a stew, and cook until the shrimp are pink and misty. Mix in flavors and new spices, then, at that point serve and appreciate.
Instructions to PEEL SHRIMP
This formula calls for crude shrimp. New or defrosted from frozen shrimp will both turn out great. You can now and again purchase your shrimp previously stripped. In the event that the shrimp accompany the shells on, you’ll need to eliminate them yourself. To strip shrimp, it’s most straightforward to begin at the base where the legs are connected and cautiously pull off the shell. You can leave the last part of the shrimp on in the event that you like for a more rich show. Simply make certain to eliminate those tail shells prior to eating.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, cored and cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper seeded, cored and cut into strips
- 2 carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 14 ounce can coconut milk full fat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup canned baby corn cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves Thai basil if available
- steamed rice for serving
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the carrots and red and green bell peppers to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Add the curry paste to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan. Add the brown sugar and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the bamboo shoots and baby corn to the pan and cook for 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the soy sauce, lime juice and basil leaves. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately over steamed rice.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 502mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7635IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 4mg