This custom made enchilada sauce is a mix of stew powder, chicken stock, flavors and tomato, all stewed together to make a rich and generous sauce. My red enchilada sauce is SO far superior to anything you’d purchase at the supermarket!
My family ends up cherishing Mexican food, and I set it up to some degree one time per week. I like to make my own sauces and flavors to oblige it, for example, pico de gallo, taco preparing and this very simple enchilada sauce.
Enchiladas are a top pick in my home, and all things considered! Who doesn’t cherish tortillas and cheddar soaked in delightful sauce? This custom made enchilada sauce takes this exemplary dish to a higher level and truly transforms it into something unique.
HOW DO YOU MAKE ENCHILADA SAUCE?
Start by cooking the flour and oil together in a dish to make the roux. Mix in the stew powder, alongside different flavors. Rush in the chicken stock a little at a time until the sauce is smooth, then, at that point add the pureed tomatoes. Carry everything to a stew, then, at that point cook until the sauce has recently thickened.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or other neutral flavored oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- Place the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to combine.
- Cook the flour mixture for 1 minute, whisking occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, sugar and salt to the pan. Whisk to combine.
- Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Slowly whisk in a little of the chicken broth at a time until you have a smooth mixture. Add the tomato sauce and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sauce has just thickened. Taste and add more salt if desired. Use immediately or cool and store in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1432IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg