Italian Sausage Pasta is an easy pasta dish that is ready in 20 minutes! And creamy white wine parmesan cheese sauce is simply delicious! Easy dinner recipe that is quick and flavorful!
You will cherish this family most loved Italian pasta formula! Italian wiener is so natural to cook with, and it adds colossal measure of flavor to this eatery quality pasta dish! What’s far better is that rich parmesan sauce comes couple with finely minced sautéed onions and garlic, and a sprinkle of white wine! Give me rich pasta dish any evening of the week! Basic supper loaded with flavor on your supper table quickly!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CREAMY ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA?
Very easy! This was such a delicious pasta dinner inspiration for me that I cannot wait to hear what everyone else has to say about it. Italian sausage and pasta do go together very well.
You will start by cooking pasta according to package instructions. Once you have your pasta boiling, start browning the Italian sausage. Next, add the prosciutto and continue cooking until sausage is browned and prosciutto is crispy. If you never cooked prosciutto, below are a couple of tips:
- Because prosciutto is very thin, it will cook very fast.
- You should cut prosciutto into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Brown the prosciutto in the skillet for three to four minutes ONLY, until it becomes crispy.
- You can easily avoid overcooking prosciutto by adding it towards the end of the cooking process.
Perfect dinner recipe your whole family will love!
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Total Time 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Keyword: cajun sausage pasta, italian
- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 4 oz. Prosciutto (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 14.5 oz. fire-roasted tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 10 oz rigatoni pasta
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet (cast iron or stainless steel). Brown the Italian sausage first, then add Prosciutto towards the end of browning the sausage (about 3-4 minutes). Once cooked, remove both to a paper towel-lined plate, set aside.
- Add the onion, saute until translucent. Next add the garlic and saute another minute, until fragrant. Now add spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the wine and cook the alcohol off slightly, about 2 minutes. Now add fire-roasted tomatoes. Lower the heat, stir in the heavy cream.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer just a bit, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Next add cooked Prosciutto and Italian sausage. Simmer a bit again, to heat them up.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt the water. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add it into the pan. Stir well to coat. Add chopped parsley.
- Serve with extra Parmesan on top.
Italian Sausage Pasta
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 1100Calories from Fat 675 % Daily Value*
- Fat 75g115%
- Saturated Fat 32g200%
- Cholesterol 193mg64%
- Sodium 1515mg66%
- Potassium 793mg23%
- Carbohydrates 64g21%
- Fiber 4g17%
- Sugar 5g6%
- Protein 35g70%
- Vitamin A 4710IU94%
- Vitamin C 16.3mg20%
- Calcium 242mg24%
- Iron 4mg22%