This Mexican rice formula is eatery style rice stewed in pureed tomatoes and stock with a lot of flavors. A fast and simple side dish that sets impeccably with fajitas, tacos or carnitas, and makes an ideal filling for burritos.
We eat Mexican food to some extent once per week in my home, a portion of our top choices incorporate chicken fajitas, meat enchiladas and this very basic yet flexible Mexican rice.
Everybody needs some incredible side dishes in their cooking collection, and this Mexican rice is probably the most ideal alternative. I generally keep the fixings available so I can prepare a group immediately. This formula makes certain to get rave audits from the two children and grown-ups the same.
HOW DO YOU MAKE MEXICAN RICE?
Start by cooking the crude rice in a little oil to toast the grains. Add the chicken stock, flavors, pureed tomatoes and chime peppers to the pot. Cover the pot and stew until the rice is delicate. At the point when the rice is done cooking, eliminate the chime peppers and dispose of. Cushion the rice with a fork, then, at that point serve and appreciate.
For the Rice:
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and quartered
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- diced tomatoes, cilantro and lime wedges for garnish optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the rice and stir until the rice is coated in the oil. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the rice is toasted and lightly browned.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, then bring the pot to a boil.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat to low; cook for 17 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and let it stand, covered for 5 minutes. Remove and discard bell peppers. Fluff with a fork, then serve.
- Garnish with tomatoes, cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 970IU | Vitamin C: 30.4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1.3mg