This Thai basil chicken is finely diced chicken that is pan-seared with chime peppers, shallots and new basil leaves, all in an exquisite sauce. A take out exemplary that is fast and simple to make in the solace of your own home!
I love to reproduce our number one Thai style dishes at home including Thai cucumber salad, pan fried rice and this heavenly and crisp tasting Thai basil chicken.
At whatever point I go to my neighborhood Thai eatery, I request the Thai basil chicken. I simply love the blend of chicken, fragrant Thai basil and veggies, all in the most spectacular sauce.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THAI BASIL CHICKEN?
This formula begins with coarsely slashed chicken thighs. The chicken is seared in a skillet alongside garlic, shallots, chime peppers and stew peppers. Whisk together chicken stock, shellfish sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and earthy colored sugar to make the sauce for this dish. The sauce is filled the chicken and vegetable combination, then, at that point stewed until the sauce coats everything. The last advance is to mix in new Thai basil leaves, then, at that point serve and appreciate.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THAI BASIL AND REGULAR BASIL?
Thai basil has a particular appearance and flavor that is not quite the same as Italian style basil. What’s more, Thai basil regularly has purple stems, while Italian basil is all green. Thai basil has to a greater degree a licorice type, bolder character. Italian basil has a better, milder character. On the off chance that you can’t discover Thai basil for this dish, you can substitute standard basil. The character may simply be a bit unique when contrasted with what you may get at a café.
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
For the stir fry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shallots diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 small serrano chili thinly sliced. omit if you don’t like heat
- 1 cup small fresh Thai basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- rice for serving
For the sauce
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined.
For the stir fry
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and shallots, then cook for another 4-5 minutes or until peppers have softened.
- Add the garlic and serrano pepper. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables, then bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has just thickened. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the basil leaves, then serve immediately, over rice if desired.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 941mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1083IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg