These are the BEST butterscotch chocolate chip cookies because they are baked into large bakery style cookies. They are loaded with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and cinnamon! They have gooey and chewy center with crisp edges.
The best part about these butterscotch chocolate chip treats, other than the butterscotch chips, is they are stacked with flavors. The cinnamon and nutmeg truly pull out the fall flows with this treat.
In case you are needing more chocolate chip treats, attempt Oreo chocolate chip treats, earthy colored margarine chocolate chip treats, and sprinkle chocolate chip treats.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
- No mixer!- There is no mixer required for this recipe. Since there is melted butter, just a rubber spatula is needed!
- No chill time- There is also no chill time required. Pop these cookies straight into the oven.
- Fall type cookies- These cookies are perfect for fall. Butterscotch chips plus cinnamon is made for fall baking.
- Butterscotch and chocolate chips- This recipe is loaded with both types of chocolate chips!
- Chewy cookies- When they are baked large, it makes a chewier center.
These large bakery style butterscotch chocolate chip cookies are chewy and gooey. They are full of butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.
- PREP TIME 20 mins
- COOK TIME 15 mins
- TOTAL TIME 35 mins
- COURSE Dessert
- CUISINE American
- SERVINGS 18 Large cookies
- CALORIES 334 kcal
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup Brown sugar packed light or dark
- ½ cup White granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup Butterscotch chips
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup Mini chocolate chips optional
- Flaky sea salt on top of baked cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon Baking soda, ½ teaspoon Baking powder, 1 teaspoon Salt, 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix until combined. Add in the vanilla and eggs. Mix.
- Add in the dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Add in the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and mini chocolate chips. Fold the dough until combined.
- Take a large 3 oz cookie scoop. Scoop a heaping amount of cookie dough. They should be large and 3 inches between each cookie dough ball. Place 6 per tray.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes. The edges should be golden brown. Let it sit for 5 minutes on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack. Top with extra butterscotch and chocolate chips while warm. Top with flaky sea salt.
- ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- Flour- Make sure the flour is spooned and leveled or use a kitchen scale. Compacted flour can dry out the cookies.
- High altitude baking- Add an extra 2 tablespoon of flour.
- Bring out eggs 2 hours before baking.
- For small 1 oz or 1 tablespoon cookies. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Calories: 334kcal
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 225mg
- Potassium: 96mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 31g
- Vitamin A: 335IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- Iron: 2mg