This chicken tetrazzini is spaghetti, mushrooms, peas, chicken and cheddar, all threw together in a natively constructed velvety sauce and heated flawlessly. A definitive solace food exemplary that is ideal for taking care of a group!
At the point when I’m searching for a dish that I know will satisfy the two children and grown-ups, I go to prepared pasta plans, for example, bison chicken pasta, pasta al forno and this simple and heavenly chicken tetrazzini.
Chicken and pasta are consistently a triumphant blend in my book. At whatever point I have extra chicken close by, I set out to really utilize it in this rich, messy chicken tetrazzini.
WHY IS IT CALLED CHICKEN TETRAZZINI?
Chicken tetrazzini is named after the Italian show vocalist Luisa Tetrazzini, yet is really a dish that started in America. This formula highlights chicken and pasta in a velvety sauce, frequently with the expansion of mushrooms and once in a while peas. The dish is done off with either a layer of breadcrumbs or softened cheddar.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN TETRAZZINI?
Start by cooking onions, mushrooms and garlic with spread. Speed in flour, then, at that point, add creamer and chicken stock to frame the foundation of the sauce. Then, mix in cream cheddar and parmesan cheddar, alongside certain flavors. Spot spaghetti in a bowl alongside chicken, the mushroom sauce and peas. Throw until everything is very much consolidated, then, at that point, place the pasta blend in a preparing dish. Add a layer of buttered breadcrumbs, then, at that point, heat until everything is hot and the sauce is effervescent. Add a sprinkling of new parsley, then, at that point, serve and appreciate.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons butter divided use
- 3/4 cup onion finely diced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9″x13″ pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are browned and tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and half and half to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Bring the milk mixture to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just thickened.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, and mix in the parmesan cheese, cream cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the spaghetti and return it to the cooking pot or place it in a large bowl. Add the chicken and peas to the pasta.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the pasta mixture into the prepared pan.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Pour the butter into the breadcrumbs and mix to combine. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the pasta.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until casserole is bubbly and breadcrumbs are browned. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Calories: 587kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 490mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1080IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 541mg | Iron: 1.4mg