Easy, Italian-style recipe: Sun-dried Tomato and Mushroom Pasta in a Garlic and Basil Cream Sauce. Enjoy this meatless pasta as is, or serve it with grilled chicken or grilled veggies!
In case you’re searching for a flavorful and simple to-make pasta formula to add to your week by week/month to month formula pivot, attempt this sun-dried tomato and mushroom pasta in a garlic and basil smooth sauce. The mix of flavors in this dish is SO GOOD, it’s unadulterated solace food that you will be enticed to eat directly out of the container:
The fettuccine pasta is thrown with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, and basil in an exceptionally delicious, rich and smooth sauce.
This Italian-motivated dish is incredible presented with garlic bread as an afterthought. Also, a major new plate of mixed greens. Also, kindly, remember about a glass of wine.
I’ve been eating the extras for 3 days at this point, and the pasta + the sauce actually taste simply incredible! The pasta is best warmed in a container, on medium warmth, with a smidgen of milk added steadily to thin the sauce as it gets warmed.
Italian-style sun-dried tomato pasta made with easy ingredients. Mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes go exceptionally well together in this easy creamy pasta dish.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Total Time 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Servings: 4 servings
- Calories: 545kcal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3.5 oz sun-dried tomatoes diced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (use Vegetarian “Chicken” Bouillon for vegetarian version)
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or up to 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- ½ lb fettuccine pasta
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat, add sliced mushrooms and garlic – and cook the vegetables for about 3 minutes. Add diced sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce heat.
- Dissolve 2 cubes of chicken bouillon in 2 cups of boiling water. Carefully add the broth to the skillet – continue to cook the vegetables in a chicken broth on medium heat until the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes absorb some of the broth and the broth reduces somewhat. Add half and half, heavy cream and bring to boil just for a short moment. Add Parmesan cheese and cook the sauce, stirring, for a couple of minutes, on low-medium heat until the cheese melts. Add the basil.
- If your sauce is too thick at this point – add another ½ cup half and half. If your sauce looks thin to you – do not continue simmering the sauce to thicken it as you will be adding pasta shortly (in the next step) – and pasta will absorb some of the sauce liquid. Even if the sauce looks thin now, it will not be so thin once you add pasta.
- Cook fettuccine al dente according to the package instruction. Drain and rinse in cold water (this will stop the cooking). Add the fettuccine into the sauce and continue cooking the sauce with the pasta in it, on medium heat, for a couple of minutes (or more – to achieve the desired thickness) stirring constantly to coat well.
- Note: do not add salt to the creamy sauce because it should already be salty enough from the dissolved chicken cubes. Only in the very end when the sauce is done, you may add some salt if needed.
WHAT IS HALF AND HALF?
Half and half is the US milk product that combines half milk half cream to form a lighter cream unlike heavy cream. To make 1 cup of half and half, combine ½ cup milk and ½ cup regular cream (heavy, or whipping cream).
Sun-dried tomato and mushroom pasta in a garlic and basil sauce
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 545
- % Daily Value*
- Fat 26g 40%
- Saturated Fat 12g 75%
- Cholesterol 60mg 20 %
- Sodium 298 mg 13%
- Potassium 1265mg 36%
- Carbohydrates 61g 20%
- Fiber 5g 21%
- Sugar 12g 13%
- Protein 18g 36%
- Vitamin A 860IU 17%
- Vitamin C 11.9mg 14%
- Calcium 269mg 27 %
- Iron 4.3mg 24 %