This blackened chicken is chicken breasts coated in butter and a homemade seasoning blend, then seared to create a dark crust. The most delicious and flavorful chicken that can be enjoyed on its own or added to other dishes such as salads and pasta.
At the point when I’m searching for a very simple and adaptable approach to get ready chicken, I go to family top choices like rosemary chicken, heated chicken thighs and this flexible darkened chicken.
My nearby café presents the best darkened chicken – it’s delicate, delicious and brimming with flavor. I’ve figured out how to make this dish at home and it’s shockingly simple to do!
WHAT IS BLACKENED CHICKEN?
This dish is called darkened in light of the fact that it’s burned in a cast iron container to make a dim brilliant brown, or “dark” covering on the meat. The flavors and margarine both brown as they cook. Darkened chicken is well known in Cajun food.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BLACKENED CHICKEN?
Start by making your darkening flavoring. Coat chicken bosoms with liquefied margarine, then, at that point, sprinkle the flavoring all around the chicken. Burn the chicken on the two sides until the dim outside structures, then, at that point, move the skillet to the broiler. Heat until the chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken rest for a couple of moments, then, at that point, serve and appreciate.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1 1/4 lbs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Place the smoked paprika, sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, thyme, oregano, basil and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush the melted butter all over both sides of the chicken. Sprinkle the seasoning mix over both sides of the chicken, using your hands to press the spices into the meat.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Brush the skillet with vegetable oil. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until a dark brown crust forms.
- Place the pan in the oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 1081mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1787IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg