This carne asada marinade is a lively mix of citrus, olive oil, new spices and jalapeno, all joined to add a lot of flavor to steak. Cook your carne asada on the barbecue, then, at that point, serve the meat meagerly cut in tacos, burritos or close by rice and beans.
Mexican food is consistently a hit in my home, regardless of whether it’s chile verde, chicken tacos or this carne asada marinade which delivers totally delicate and succulent meat without fail.
There are such countless things to adore about Mexican food – the messy enchiladas, crunchy tacos, generous burritos and obviously, the barbecued meats. This carne asada marinade produces eatery quality steak with only minutes of planning time!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CARNE ASADA MARINADE?
Spot olive oil, squeezed orange, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, flavors and cilantro in a huge bowl or resealable pack. Mix every one of the fixings together, then, at that point, add your steak. Marinate the meat, then, at that point, barbecue as wanted and serve.
HOW LONG DO YOU MARINATE STEAK?
I suggest marinating your steak for somewhere around 2 hours, yet for no longer than 8-10 hours. In the event that you marinate for more than that, the corrosive in the citrus juice can begin to separate the meat and change the surface.
WHAT KIND OF MEAT IS CARNE ASADA?
Carne asada is daintily cut Mexican style steak that has been marinated and barbecued. Carne asada is commonly made with flank steak, in spite of the fact that skirt steak, New York strip or sirloin steak can likewise be utilized with acceptable outcomes.
- 1/2 cup orange juice freshly squeezed is best
- 1/4 cup lime juice freshly squeezed is best
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed, then coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl or in a resealable bag. If using a bag, seal the bag and shake to combine. If using a bowl, stir until the ingredients are well blended.
- Add up to 2 pounds of steak to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, or up to 8-10 hours.
- Remove the meat from the marinade. Scrape off any large pieces of cilantro and jalapeno.
- Grill or broil the meat as desired, then slice against the grain and serve.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 584mg | Potassium: 66mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 156IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg