This chicken fricassee is delicate chicken pieces stewed in a rich sauce with mushrooms and carrots. A simple, one pot supper that is speedy enough for a bustling weeknight, yet exquisite enough to serve to organization!
I’m continually searching for previously unheard-of approaches to serve chicken. A portion of my present top picks incorporate arroz con pollo, spatchcock chicken and this ultra tasty chicken fricassee.
You can never turn out badly with chicken for supper. It’s reasonable, flexible and sure to be a group pleaser. This chicken fricassee highlights chicken thighs and drumsticks with a lot of veggies, all in the most tasty sauce.
WHAT IS CHICKEN FRICASSEE?
Fricassee is a French expression that alludes to braising bits of meat in a velvety sauce. Chicken fricassee is the most widely recognized variant of this dish, but on the other hand it’s feasible to cook hamburger, pork and even fish thusly.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN FRICASSEE?
Start by carmelizing the chicken pieces in a skillet on the oven. Eliminate the chicken from the skillet, then, at that point, add vegetables and flavors, and cook until the veggies are delicate. Mix in flour to thicken the sauce, then, at that point, add white wine and stew until the fluid has diminished considerably. Add the chicken stock, then, at that point, return the chicken parts of the skillet. Cover the dish, then, at that point, stew until the chicken is cooked through and delicate. Mix in some weighty cream, then, at that point, sprinkle with new parsley and serve.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds bone in, skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 12 ounces mushrooms halved
- 1 cup pearl onions fresh or frozen, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Season the chicken pieces on both sides with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken pieces in a single layer and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. You may need to work in batches.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan. Place on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the pan.
- Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms and onions to the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and Italian seasoning.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour in the wine and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until wine has reduced by half.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan. Stir and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken pieces back to the pan.
- Cover the pan. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Uncover the pan. Stir in the cream and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 920mg | Potassium: 424mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4389IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg