Scallop Spaghetti in Creamy White Wine Butter Garlic Sauce with Capers – a gourmet meal that’s easy to make! Scallops are first seared and then smothered in creamy butter garlic pasta sauce with capers. You’ll love this Italian pasta. Scallops are moist and full of flavor!
Hoping to bring a new thing into your weeknight supper menu? Then, at that point, make this scallop spaghetti with white wine sauce! Your family will cherish it! This Italian style pasta looks extravagant and respectable like a dish from a connoisseur café. Yet, it’s not difficult to make.
What do scallops pose a flavor like? Scallops have a gentle, rich, practically sweet taste.
What to present with scallops? They taste stunning on their own like these singed scallops with bacon in lemon cream sauce. You can serve them simmered asparagus or green beans. Scallops are likewise awesome with rich pasta and garlic. Investigate this heavenly scallop pasta with velvety Mozzarella sauce.
What makes this recipe special
- The simple alfredo sauce is made with white wine! Wine adds so much dimension to a regular pasta sauce. Use Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, or Sauvignon Blanc.
- The scallops and pasta absorb the creamy white wine sauce with garlic. You get the creamy deliciousness with every bite! You will love the addition of capers to the creamy pasta sauce.
Scallop Spaghetti in White Wine Butter Garlic Sauce with Capers is a gourmet meal that you can easily make at home. Scallops in white wine butter sauce are moist and full of flavor! Pasta with creamy garlic sauce works great with scallops!
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 40 mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: scallop spaghetti, scallops and pasta in white wine sauce, scallops with pasta and garlic
Servings: 4 people
White Wine Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- salt to taste
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 pound scallops medium size, about 12-14 scallops, thawed completely if frozen
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to make white wine sauce
- In a medium skillet, heat butter, olive oil and minced garlic on medium heat.
- Cook for about a minute, until garlic softens.
- Add wine. Bring to boil. Boil for several minutes until the amount of wine reduces approximately to half.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Bring to boil, and immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring at all times, until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Remove from heat. Stir in drained capers and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Taste, add more lemon juice, salt and and pepper if needed. Keep covered.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain. Add to the sauce, stir to combine.
How to sear scallops
- If using frozen scallops, make sure the scallops are thawed completely.
- Blot each scallop with paper towels to remove extra water.
- Season scallops with salt
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet on high heat until hot but not smoking. Oil should not be smoking, just rolling easily around the skillet.
- Add scallops without overcrowding the pan.
- Sear on one side for about 4 minutes until the scallops are a golden color. Don’t move the scallops around the pan in the beginning.
- Turn the scallops to the other side and cook for 2 or 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the scallops to the plate immediately.
- Don’t allow the scallops rest in the hot skillet, off heat. That will make them steam and lose their crust.
- Add cooked scallops to the spaghetti with the creamy white wine sauce and reheat gently. Serve.
Scallop Spaghetti in White Wine Sauce
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 697
- % Daily Value*
- Fat 39g 60%
- Saturated Fat 18g 113%
- Cholesterol 120mg 40%
- Sodium 924mg 40%
- Potassium 457mg 13%
- Carbohydrates 50g 17%
- Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugar 2g 2%
- Protein 24g 48%
- Vitamin A1010IU 20%
- Vitamin C 2.1mg 3%
- Calcium 145mg 15%
- Iron 1.5mg 8%