This simple egg drop soup is a straightforward dish made with beaten eggs, green onions, ginger and corn, all in an intricate and flavorful stock. An exemplary dish that preferences stunningly better than whatever you’d get at an eatery!
I love to reproduce our #1 take out works of art at home including Szechuan chicken, meat chow mein, and this incredibly tasty egg drop soup.
At whatever point I go to my #1 Chinese eatery for lunch, I am offered a bowl of egg drop soup to begin my supper. This soup has insignificant fixings, however they all meet up to make an end result that is loaded with flavor.
HOW DO YOU MAKE EGG DROP SOUP?
Start by putting chicken stock, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and flavors in a pot. Carry the blend to a stew, then, at that point, add a slurry of cornstarch and chicken stock to the pot. Gradually mix in eggs until strips structure, making the “egg drops”. Add corn and green onions, and mix to join. Enhancement the soup with more green onions, then, at that point, serve and appreciate.
IS EGG DROP SOUP HEALTHY?
This soup is normally low in calories and fat, which settles on it a decent decision for a sound eating regimen. To make this dish much better, you can utilize low sodium chicken stock and low sodium soy sauce to keep the salt substance down. You can likewise add an asssortment of veggies to the soup to expand its dietary benefit.
WHAT MAKES EGG DROP SOUP THICK?
Cornstarch is the thickening specialist in this soup. Blend your cornstarch in with cold stock to make the slurry, then, at that point, gradually whisk it into the soup so you don’t wind up with bumps. Carry the soup to a stew to enact the cornstarch with the goal that the soup will thicken appropriately.
- 4 cups chicken broth divided use
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated or minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced, plus more for garnish
- Whisk together 1/4 cup of chicken broth with the cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the rest of the broth, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, then turn the heat back down to medium.
- Use a spoon to slowly stir the soup in a circular motion, while streaming in the beaten eggs at the same time.
- Stir in the corn and green onions and cook for 1 more minute. Serve, garnished with additional green onions if desired.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 1101mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 241IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg