This heated cod is marinated with olive oil, garlic and new spices, then, at that point, simmered to delicate and flaky flawlessness. A lighter supper choice that requires only minutes to assemble and is loaded with flavor.
I attempt to eat fish one time per week, a portion of my #1 plans incorporate nectar coated salmon, bacon wrapped shrimp and this incredibly scrumptious heated cod.
In case you’re a fish darling, you’ll partake in this simple heated cod dish. The fish is absorbed the most heavenly marinade, and is amazing when served over rice or pasta. This one makes certain to get rave audits!
WHAT DOES COD FISH TASTE LIKE?
Cod is a less fatty fish with an extremely gentle character. It’s an incredible assortment to attempt with individuals who figure they don’t care for fish, since it doesn’t have an excessively solid character. Cod is once in a while alluded to as the chicken of the ocean due to its impartial taste.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BAKED COD?
Start by setting up a straightforward marinade of olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, lemon zing and spices. Allow the cod to sit in the marinade for somewhere around 30 minutes, or as long as 8 hours. Spot the filets in a dish, then, at that point, heat until the fish is obscure and drops effectively with a fork. You can cook the highest point of the fish for one more little while in the event that you incline toward a carmelized beating, embellish with lemon and spices and serve.
- 1 1/4 pounds cod cut into 4 fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- cooking spray
- lemon wedges and fresh herbs for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, soy sauce, lemon zest, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add the fish to the bowl and spoon the marinade over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the cod fillets into the prepared dish. Spoon the marinade over the fish. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until fish is opaque and just cooked through.
- Turn on the broiler. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until edges of fish are browned.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh herbs and lemon wedges.
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 595mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 92IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg