This chicken pesto pasta is sauteed chicken, farfalle pasta and cherry tomatoes, all threw in basil pesto and polished off with parmesan cheddar. A fast and simple supper choice that consistently gets rave surveys!
Pasta is simple, economical and kid well disposed which implies we eat it all the time at my home! A portion of our top picks incorporate Pasta al Forno, pasta bolognese and this simple pesto pasta with chicken.
My family cherishes pasta and we commonly eat it one time per week (or more!). I become weary of the regular spaghetti in pureed tomatoes which is the reason I acquainted this chicken pesto pasta with the children, and it’s been a success! This pasta rushes to make, and it’s truly adaptable as well, there are such countless choices to switch around the protein and veggies to keep things energizing.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN PESTO PASTA?
Start by cooking diced chicken with olive oil, flavors and garlic. Add cooked pasta to the container, then, at that point, mix in the pesto. Tenderly mix in divided cherry tomatoes, then, at that point, add a sprinkle of new parsley and ground parmesan cheddar. Serve promptly and appreciate!
Instructions to MAKE PESTO
To make your own pesto for this formula, place 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts in a food processor alongside 1 teaspoon minced new garlic and 1/2 cup ground parmesan cheddar. Heartbeat the fixings until finely ground. Add 3 cups of new entire basil passes on to the food processor alongside salt and pepper to taste. Turn the food processor on and gradually pour in 1/2 cup olive oil. Mix until a smooth sauce structures. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces short pasta such as farfalle
- 1 cup basil pesto look for it in the refrigerated section
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley can also use basil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt to taste. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Place the chicken in the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta and pour it into the pan with the chicken. Add the pesto and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and gently fold them into the pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. then serve.
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 570mg | Potassium: 671mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1090IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 2.4mg