These rum balls are a mix of alcohol, chocolate, walnuts and treat morsels, all rolled together and covered with sprinkles. The ideal sweet or gift alternative for these special seasons that is certain to be a hit with loved ones.
There’s nothing better than custom made treats, particularly around special times of year. I like to offer nut weak, chocolate covered Oreos, or these superb minimal rum balls to my visitors.
At the point when special times of year roll around, I invest a lot of energy in the kitchen making bubbly treats. These no-heat rum balls require only minutes to assemble, and they’re the ideal mix of nuts and chocolate.
HOW DO YOU MAKE RUM BALLS?
Making rum balls is tied in with blending the delightful fixings into a pool of dissolved chocolate. First dissolve some chocolate in the microwave. Mix filtered controlled sugar into the chocolate. Blend in dim rum, vanilla and corn syrup. In a different bowl, take some squashed vanilla wafers, walnuts and salt, and mix them together. The wafers and walnuts go into the chocolate blend and your “mixture” is finished. After the batter cools a bit in the ice chest, roll up the mixture into balls. Plunge those balls into sprinkles. On the off chance that the balls are delicate, chill them a bit to firm them up.
ARE RUM BALLS ALCOHOLIC?
Indeed, these balls do have liquor. Since the rum is never cooked, the liquor stays in the balls. These balls have a bit of a kick and are not for anybody younger than 21
DO RUM BALLS NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
On the off chance that you store these treats in a hermetically sealed holder in a cool region, they don’t should be refrigerated. Notwithstanding, these balls hold together better, last more and taste better whenever refrigerated. I enthusiastically suggest refrigerating these treats in a hermetically sealed compartment.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips do not use Nestle brand as they do not melt well
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 3 cups vanilla wafers crushed
- 1 cup pecans crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Start by microwaving the chocolate for 35 seconds. Stir the chocolate and microwave it for an additional 20 seconds. Repeat until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the powdered sugar into the melted chocolate through a sifter or a strainer. Stir the powdered sugar into the melted chocolate.
- Pour the dark rum, corn syrup and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Mix everything together until it is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together crushed vanilla wafers, crushed pecans and salt.
- Stir the vanilla wafer mixture into the chocolate mixture until everything is evenly distributed.
- Cover the mixture and chill it for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and roll 1 inch balls.
- Dip each of the balls in sprinkles, chill them in the refrigerator until firm and serve.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg