This Szechuan meat is a hot sautéed food made with delicate bits of hamburger and beautiful vegetables, all threw in a sweet and exquisite sauce. An exemplary Chinese style dish that is surprisingly better than whatever you’d get at an eatery!
I’m continually making our #1 take out dishes at home including nectar chicken, meat and broccoli sautéed food, and this zesty Szechuan hamburger. In the event that you love heat, you should attempt this formula!
At the point when I go to my nearby Chinese eatery, I generally request the Szechuan hamburger. It has the ideal mix of delicate steak and veggies with sweet, appetizing and hot flavors. My form utilizes fixings that are accessible in most supermarkets which makes this formula fast and simple!
WHAT IS SZECHUAN BEEF?
This dish is a sautéed food that contains a lot of flavor as sichuan peppercorns and dried red chilies. Szechuan food comes from the Sichuan fortune of China, which is the way it got its name. Szechuan meat likewise normally contains vegetables like peppers and onions, and furthermore may contain peanuts or different nuts sometimes.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SZECHUAN BEEF?
This formula begins with meagerly cut flank steak that is covered in corn starch and flavors, then, at that point, seared until firm. Eliminate the steak from the skillet, then, at that point, include veggies, dried red chilies and Sichuan peppercorns. While the steak and vegetables are cooking, set up the sauce by whisking together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and meat stock. Pour the sauce over the meat and vegetables, then, at that point, let it stew until thickened. Serve this dish promptly over steamed rice and appreciate.
For the stir fry
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or any neutral flavored oil
- 1 pound flank steak thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup yellow onion cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 25 small dried red chilies or more if desired
- 1 tablespoon sichuan peppercorns optional
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- Place the steak in a bowl with the corn starch and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Place the steak in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. You may have to do this step in batches.
- Remove the steak from the pan. Place on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the onion and red and green bell peppers to the pan. Stir in the chilies and sichuan peppercorns. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan; cook for an additional 30 seconds. Return the beef to the pan with the vegetables.
- While the steak and vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the beef mixture and bring to a boil; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until sauce is just thickened. Serve immediately.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 788mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g