These are the most light, fluffy and delicious vegan pancakes I’ve ever tasted. No bananas or hard to find ingredients. Just simple ingredients and an easy recipe!
These are propelled by American-style hotcakes yet in addition help me to remember Scotch flapjacks that I used to eat with jam as a kid, here in the UK. It most certainly brought back a nostalgic taste and I can’t stand by to make these again soon with a bit of raspberry jam.
I really based the formula off one of my cupcake plans as I was interested to perceive how a conventional cake player would function for hotcakes. Turns out it’s the best approach. No requirement for bananas, fruit purée or any confounded fixings.
Pancake Flavours & Serving Suggestions
Of course you can play around with this recipe, here we’ve added orange zest, cinnamon, cardamom and topped them with figs and date syrup.
The combination was divine but I first tested these just plain and simple and they were delicious in their own right. So feel free to mix it up however you like with chocolate chips etc.
Light, fluffy and delicious pancakes that are 100% vegan.
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 90g / 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 120ml / 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Maple syrup
- Fresh fruit
- Heat a dry frying pan on a low heat. A small non-stick works best but use your first try to assess if you need to add a small amount of oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the wet ingredients until well combined and the texture is runny but thick.
- Ladle approximately 1/4 cup of the batter onto the dry pan and cook for 20-30 seconds (or when bubbles start to form on top) before carefully flipping onto the other side. Cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can also use gluten-free plain flour. I tested the recipe with Dove’s Farm Gluten-free mix and they tasted great. However, they are slightly paler in colour and didn’t rise quite as well. Still delicious though!
- Serving Sizeg
- Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat5g
- Saturated Fat1g
- Trans Fat0g
- Unsaturated Fat4g