This smooth cranberry salad is a mix of new cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, walnuts, coconut and apples, all prepared in a rich dressing. A one of a kind and beautiful serving of mixed greens that is ideal for these special seasons!
I love to serve cranberry salad close by spice broiled turkey or simmering pot ham for a simple and bubbly side dish. This is consistently one of the main side dishes to vanish on Thanksgiving!
I’m continually searching for no particular reason approaches to serve cranberries other than your standard cranberry sauce. This cranberry salad is entirely sweet and loaded with various flavors and surfaces.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CRANBERRY SALAD?
This formula begins with a sack of new cranberries. The cranberries are hacked, then, at that point, blended in with sugar. The cranberries need to sit in the sugar for no less than 3 hours to treat a portion of the regular tart kind of the berries.
At the point when the cranberries are prepared, pineapple, marshmallows, hacked walnuts, destroyed coconut and diced apples get included. The last advance is to add whipped beating as a dressing, then, at that point, you’re prepared to eat. I like to enliven my completed plate of mixed greens with more cranberries, marshmallows and natural product, however that is a discretionary advance.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CRANBERRY SALAD WITH JELLO?
There are a few unique sorts of cranberry salad. While this is a smooth serving of mixed greens, a Jello salad is likewise an extremely well known alternative. I have a very tasty gelatin based serving of mixed greens formula that you can discover here.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries chopped
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped apple I use Granny Smith
- 1 cup chopped pineapple fresh or canned
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed
- fresh cranberries, apples and marshmallows for garnish optional
- Place the cranberries and sugar in a glass or plastic bowl (do not use metal). Stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Add the apple, pineapple, marshmallows, pecans and coconut to the bowl.
- Add the whipped topping to the bowl and fold gently to combine all the ingredients. Garnish with additional cranberries, apples and marshmallows if desired, then serve.
- Adapted from All Recipes.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.3mg