These crushed yams are ultra smooth and are the ideal backup to chicken, meats and fish. You can season your crushed yams in more ways than one and I’m giving directions to make various character varieties.
Pureed potatoes are a typical supper time event, yet as I would see it, crushed yams are underestimated and ought to be essential for everybody’s ordinary supper revolution! They’re additionally ideal for occasion suppers.
These crushed yams are a straightforward dish, yet they pair so well with practically any primary course! I’m sharing my stunts for the smoothest, creamiest sweet potatoes that you’ll at any point eat.
HOW DO YOU MAKE MASHED SWEET POTATOES?
This is a fundamental formula that incorporates yams, margarine, milk and salt. That is it! In any case, you can redo your squashed yams with endless seasoning alternatives to dress them up. Cook the potatoes, then, at that point, put them into a bowl or a food processor with the remainder of the fixings. Pound the hard way, or puree in a food processor until you’ve arrived at the ideal surface. Add any fixings you like, then, at that point, serve and appreciate.
HOW DO YOU COOK SWEET POTATOES?
I like to broil my potatoes entire, then, at that point, eliminate the strips and cut them. You can likewise bubble or steam pieces of yam on the off chance that you like, however I find that cooking the potatoes is the most effortless approach to take care of business. On the off chance that you like to heat up the potatoes, cook cut them into 2 inch pieces and cook for around 15-20 minutes or until delicate. You should steam potatoes for a comparative time span.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
- pats of butter optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick them with a fork.
- Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray and arrange the sweet potatoes on the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Let cool slightly then peel off the skins, or cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the insides.
- Place the potato, milk, butter and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy. If you prefer a coarser texture, you can mash your potatoes by hand with a masher or fork.
- See post text for different flavor variation options.
- Serve, topped with pats of butter and/or parsley if desired.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 407mg | Potassium: 782mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 32490IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 1.4mg