This formula for yam goulash with marshmallows is pounded flavored yams, finished off with both a walnut streusel garnish and a lot of smaller than normal marshmallows. An occasion exemplary that is a family top choice!
Yam dish with marshmallows and walnuts, how might you turn out badly with that blend? This simple yam goulash is THE BEST, it’s certain to turn into a custom on your Thanksgiving table. Serve it close by Southern cornbread dressing and bacon simmered brussels sprouts.
I can hardly imagine how October is practically finished, it seems like we were trying to say farewell to summer! I’m now contemplating Thanksgiving, it’s one of my #1 occasions. Try to keep your hat on: this yam dish with marshmallows? Is the best yam meal I’ve had at any point ever. It’s a MUST for these special seasons, frankly, my children request it all year.
This simple yam meal has the smartest possible solution with a crunchy walnut streusel beating AND a liberal measure of scaled down marshmallows. The squashed yam combination under all that garnish is simply softly improved to make the ideal harmony among appetizing and sweet.
HOW DO YOU COOK SWEET POTATOES?
I like to cook entire yams for this formula. It’s really simple and you can simply scoop the potatoes out of their skins, so there’s no stripping included! Basically prick the potatoes with a fork, then, at that point, place them on a sheet container. Prepare for 45-an hour or until the potatoes are delicate and you’ll be all set! You additionally have the choice of bubbling or steaming cubed and stripped yams.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE?
This formula begins with the yams. I like to pound my yams with a hand masher for a more rural surface, yet you can puree the yams in a food processor on the off chance that you favor them to be on the smooth side. Another alternative is to beat them with a blender until they’re light and fleecy.
For the casserole
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes cleaned
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the topping
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Prick the potatoes with a fork and place them on the pan.
- Bake the potatoes until tender, 45 minutes to an hour.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them open, scoop out the insides and place the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the 4 tablespoons of butter, milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, egg and vanilla to the bowl.
- Use a potato masher or hand mixer to mash or beat the potatoes until mostly smooth.
- Grease a 9 inch square pan or 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture evenly in the pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, melted butter and pecans until crumbly. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until topping has lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle the marshmallows over the top then return to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 or until marshmallows are just melted.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 238mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 47g