This yam souffle is a rich mix of yams and flavors finished off with an earthy colored sugar and walnut streusel. A simple and exquisite side dish that is ideally suited for these special seasons and consistently gets rave surveys!
At the point when I’m engaging I search for dishes that feed a group and look noteworthy. A portion of my number one choices incorporate stacked corn dish, hasselback potatoes and this wanton yam formula.
Yam goulash is incredible and all, yet have you at any point attempted a yam souffle? It’s a comparative idea, then again, actually the yams are pureed into a very smooth blend that adds incredible surface. The best part is that this dish can be made ahead of time!
HOW DO YOU MAKE SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE?
Spot cooked yams in a food processor alongside sugar, eggs, margarine, cinnamon and vanilla concentrate. Puree the combination until smooth. Spot the pureed yams into a heating dish, them make the streusel besting. For the streusel, consolidate margarine, earthy colored sugar, flour and walnuts in a bowl until a disintegrate structures. Sprinkle the disintegrate over the potato puree, them prepare until the souffle is brilliant brown. Serve promptly and appreciate!
Step by step instructions to COOK SWEET POTATOES
This formula calls for cooked yams, which can be simmered, bubbled or steamed. I like to broil my potatoes. For this method, prick entire potatoes with a fork, then, at that point, place them on a sheet dish. Cook at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until potatoes are delicate. Slice the potatoes down the middle, then, at that point, scoop out the tissue with a spoon and spot it in the food processor. You can likewise bubble pieces of stripped yams for 20 minutes or until delicate. Channel, then, at that point, use in the formula.
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons butter melted, divided use
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9″ square pan or 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place the sweet potatoes, granulated sugar, salt, vanilla extract, eggs, cinnamon and 6 tablespoons of butter in the bowl of a food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the prepared dish in an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter, brown sugar, flour and pecans.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are hot and topping is lightly browned. If your topping browns too quickly, you can cover your dish with foil to complete the bake time.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then serve.
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 7670IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1.3mg