A vibrant chicken and potatoes recipe! Yukon gold potatoes and hearty chicken thighs are tossed with a lemon, garlic, and herb seasoned oil and baked on a single sheet pan until browned, tender and distinctively delicious!
There is something in particular with regards to this season, when harvest time hits the air, that makes a comfortable sheet skillet supper appear to be perfect. It’s simply generous, homestyle basics goodness.
In addition to the fact that this is one container chicken and potatoes formula irrefutably simple, it’s additionally a supper that is overflowing with even, brilliant and rich character.
It’s an across the board, straightforward formula. You simply throw the potatoes with a portion of a custom made straightforward lemon dressing, then, at that point, the throw the chicken with remaining portion. Spread everything over a heating sheet and dish until everything’s cooked through.
You’ll adore the new Greek style flavors found here, and obviously that simple tidy up as well!
In the event that you’d like, you can match with a steamed vegetable to polish it off (as I’ve done here). I enthusiastically suggest something green for a pleasant fly of shading, for example, green beans, broccoli or asparagus. Those likewise end up blending all around well with the lemony drippings from the preparing sheet.
Helpful Tips for the Best Baked Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- Dice the potatoes fairly small or they won’t be tender by the time the chicken is cooked through.
- Still if you find that potatoes aren’t tender even by the 45 minutes, you can remove the chicken to a plate, then return potatoes to the oven and bake 10 more minutes.
- Use fresh ingredients for the best flavor. Fresh garlic, lemon and herbs are all highly recommended rather than bottled/dried.
- Broil the chicken for the last few minutes for more color if it hasn’t browned already.
- Test chicken thighs for doneness by inserting an instant read food thermometer into thermal center (not touching bone), it should register 165 degrees.
- Optionally, you can brush away any burnt pieces of garlic from the top surface of the chicken (it will have seasoned it nicely but doesn’t taste good once browned). Broiling browns the skin nicely but also the garlic too.
Yukon gold potatoes and hearty chicken thighs are tossed with a lemon, garlic, and herb seasoned oil and baked on a single sheet pan until browned, tender and distinctively delicious!
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 45 minutes
- 6 large (7 oz each) bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or oregano
- 5 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 2/3-inch cubes
- Move oven rack up one level from center. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (preferably use a dark coated baking sheet to encourage browning).
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and 3 Tbsp parsley.
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl then pour or spoon half the herb mixture over the potatoes. Toss to evenly coat, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Spread potatoes evenly over prepared baking sheet.
- Place chicken in now empty large mixing bowl, pour remaining half of the herb mixture over chicken and toss to evenly coat. Season both sides of thighs with salt and pepper and place evenly over potato layer on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about for 45 minutes. For more browned chicken broil during the last few minutes.
- If you find the chicken is done earlier than the potatoes you can remove chicken to a plate and continue to bake potatoes until soft.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining parsley over everything and serve.
- Note that lemon slices weren’t added during baking only used for garnish (I don’t like the bitter flavor the white pith of the peel imparts when cooking).
- Baked Lemon Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 615Calories from Fat 342
- % Daily Value*
- Fat 38g58%
- Saturated Fat 9g56%
- Trans Fat 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
- Monounsaturated Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 165mg55%
- Sodium 150mg7%
- Potassium 1273mg36%
- Carbohydrates 38g13%
- Fiber 5g21%
- Sugar 2g2%
- Protein 32g64%
- Vitamin A 1364IU27%
- Vitamin C 65mg79%
- Calcium 82mg8%
- Iron 4mg22%