Instant Pot Potato Carrot Medley has flavor to spare and all in under 30 minutes. So simple you can have your favorite vegetables anytime you want.
Moment Pots are such an efficient device. Here is a formula that would presumably require 45 minutes in the broiler and would warm up the house while everything was heating. Not a smart thought when it is pushing 80°, 90° or even 100° outside.
Regardless the temperature is ‘time’ is consistently hard to find. The moment pot assists take with minding of that issue for you. I’m eager to at last have a moment pot still up in the air to exploit it.
Right now Pot Potato Carrot formula is stuffed brimming with goodness. You’ll be torn or regardless of whether to squash it or simply stick a lump solidly in your mouth.
Regardless, the incredible taste is by and large present with an ideal equilibrium of all the flavors.
What is an instant pot
- An Instant Pot is a brand name for a pressure cooker.
- It is an electric appliance so you don’t have to boil water on a stove top to get pressure to rise.
- It’s programmable! This makes life so easy.
- An Instant Pot does so much more than pressure cook. It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, rice cooker, sauté/browning pan and a warming pan.
- Close lid, turn sealer on instead of vent, push type of cooking, put in time and walk away.
- There are many people who make electric mixers now. Instant Pot, Cuisinart, Bestek, Crock Pot and so many more.
- Originally I made this recipe in a pressure cooker that needs less liquid to come to pressure. The recipe card is correct for an Instant Pot.
- I used the 6 quart size for this instant pot potato carrot medley but it will work in a larger size too.
Instant Pot Potato Carrot Medley has flavor to spare and all in under 30 minutes.
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Total Time 20 mins
- Course Side Dish
- Cuisine Gluten Free, Instant Pot, Vegan
- Servings 6 Servings
- Calories 356 kcal
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion – white, diced
- 2 pounds carrots – baby carrots, cut in half if medium sized
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 4 pounds potatoes – Yukon gold, cut into chunks, usually in half or fourths
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning – click on Italian Seasoning for a homemade recipe
- 1 teaspoon Spike – original seasoning, if you don’t have this get it in your cupboard. It is the best mix and is in all the grocery stores
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Add oil to the Instant Pot. Sauté onions for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and saute 5 more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir. Close the lid and turn the knob to sealing on top of the Instant Pot.
- Click the “manual” button and set the time to 5 minutes.
- Once cooking completes let the pressure valve release naturally (about 10 minutes)
- Dish up into a serving bowl and sprinkle on a bit of fresh parsley.
- Serving: 1cup
- Calories: 356kcal
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 141mg
- Potassium: 1840mg
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 10g
- Vitamin A: 25260IU
- Vitamin C: 70.3mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- Iron: 3.1mg