Looking for the best vegetarian lasagna recipe? You’re in the right place. This Butternut Squash and Spinach lasagna will become one of your favorites! This lasagna is stuffed with vegetables and combines Ricotta, Parmesan, and Mozzarella cheeses to create the ultimate Fall and Winter comfort food.
This delightful veggie lasagna formula is sound, meatless, without gluten well disposed, and ideal for the Fall and Winter season. Since it utilizes butternut squash, it’s an incredible decision as a vacation veggie lover primary dish or simply an occasion formula. It’s so acceptable, it’s famous with kids!
As far as I might be concerned, this is an incredible formula to make any season, but since this lasagna has butternut squash, it is most likely a decent occasion veggie primary dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve.
This veggie lover formula utilizes butternut squash puree, which you can without much of a stretch make by following my simple task by-step instructional exercise: how to make butternut squash puree. Or then again, you can generally purchase pureed butternut squash at the store.
I likewise need to caution you that this is my most photograph escalated post yet with heaps of bit by bit photographs which I believe are very useful to make this heavenly veggie lover lasagna. Along these lines, assuming you need to go straightforwardly to the lower part of this post – simply look down.
- Use cooked lasagna noodles. Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook the noodles al dente, rinse each noodle with cold water and drain. This will guarantee the perfect texture!
- Make this vegetarian lasagna gluten-free! Use brown rice gluten-free lasagna noodles and follow all the recipe instructions as-is.
- For butternut squash filling, make your own butternut squash puree from scratch or use a store-bought version.
- No boil lasagna noodles. You can use no-boil lasagna noodles with this recipe! You might need to add about ½ cup of milk or water or vegetable stock to the squash purée, in addition to the milk called for in the recipe. (Thank you, Debbie, for your great tip!) You might also have to bake the lasagna for 10 extra minutes.
- Make this lasagna vegan. Use vegan Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses, then make vegan ricotta out of tofu and lemon juice using this recipe. (Thank you, Laura, for this wonderful tip!)
- Don’t like vegetarian and want protein or meat? No problem. Add rotisserie chicken or cooked crumbled bacon in between lasagna layers.
Delicious vegetarian lasagna recipe that uses vegetables (butternut squash, spinach), and three cheeses (Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Parmesan)! Perfect as a veggie main dish for every day. Healthier version of lasagna. Also, a great holiday recipe for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- PREP TIME 30 mins
- COOK TIME 40 mins
- TOTAL TIME 1 hr 10 mins
- COURSE Main Course
- CUISINE American, Italian
- SERVINGS 8 servings
- CALORIES PER SERVING 401 kcal
Butternut Squash Filling:
- 2 cups butternut squash puree (about half of squash)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup milk or more, if needed
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus ⅛ teaspoon more
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 oz spinach (1 cup cooked spinach)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 10 oz lasagna noodles cooked (for gluten free, use Tinkyada brown rice lasagna noodles)
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese or more
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese on top
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Basil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
Butternut Squash Filling:
- For this filling, you will need to have pre-cooked butternut squash puree. Using food processor, combine 2 cups of butternut squash puree with Ricotta cheese, milk, salt and nutmeg. Add more milk if needed (to make the butternut squash filling very creamy). Mix very well, taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Combine spinach, Ricotta cheese, mozzarella, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix, taste, and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Cooking lasagna noodles:
- Bring a very large pot of water to boil, and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Rinse in cold water, drain. Using knife, trim noodles to fit your baking dish (if necessary).
How to assemble vegetarian lasagna:
- Prepare a baking dish – I used a casserole dish 11 inches x 8.5 inches x 3 inches deep. Grease the lasagna dish lightly with olive oil spray. Spread ⅓ of butternut squash filling on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle lightly with mozzarella cheese. Top with cooked lasagna noodles without overlapping (I used 3 noodles).
- Spread half of spinach filling over the noodles. Top lightly with Mozzarella cheese. Top with cooked noodles.
- Spread another layer (⅓) of butternut squash mixture, then sprinkle lightly with Mozzarella cheese. Top with cooked noodles.
- Spread the remaining half of spinach filling over the noodles. Top lightly with Mozzarella cheese. Top with the final layer of cooked noodles.
- Spread a generous amount of butternut squash filling (the remaining ⅓) over this final layer of noodles, sprinkle with grated Parmesan and remaining mozzarella cheese (about ½ cup of mozzarella). Generously sprinkle the cheese with Italian seasoning, paprika, basil.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 min. Remove foil and bake additional 10 minutes.
Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna
Amount per Serving | Calories 401% | Daily Value* | Fat 18g 28% | SaturatedFat 11g 69% | Cholesterol 64mg 21% | Sodium 549mg 24% | Potassium 477mg 14% | Carbohydrates 35g 12% | Fiber 2g 8% | Sugar 3g 3% | Protein 23g 46% | Vitamin A 6995IU 140% | Vitamin C 15.5mg 19% | Calcium 449mg 45% | Iron 1.9mg 11%