Garlic and Bacon Green Beans sautéed in olive oil and butter in a large skillet on the stovetop – an easy and delicious way to prepare the green beans for the holiday menu. The beans are crispy and crunchy. A perfect recipe for the Fall and the Winter.
I love garlic with pretty much anything, and the green beans are no exemption! Sauteed garlic tastes GREAT with green beans and bacon!
This is an extraordinary side dish for some sorts of barbecued meats, and it’s particularly useful for the occasion menu on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve.
How to make green beans with bacon:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add 1 pound of fresh green beans and ½ teaspoon of salt. The water should be just above the beans.
- Boil on medium heat for 5 minutes. Drain the beans.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 6 cloves of minced garlic and saute, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped cooked bacon (drained of fat) and green beans (cooked and drained).
- Saute on medium heat for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients.
- Remove from heat. Season with more salt, if needed.
Garlic and Bacon Green Beans sauteed in olive oil and butter – an easy and delicious way to prepare the green beans for the holiday table!
- PREP TIME 10 mins
- COOK TIME 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME 30 mins
- COURSE Side Dish
- CUISINE American
- SERVINGS 4 servings
- CALORIES PER SERVING 235 kcal
- 1 pound green beans , fresh, rinsed, ends trimmed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 6 bacon strips , cooked, drained of fat, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add green beans (water should be just above the beans), and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, drain the beans.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook it, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add chopped cooked bacon (drained of fat) and green beans. Saute on medium heat for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients. Remove from heat. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Nutrition Information
- Garlic and Bacon Green Beans
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 235
- % Daily Value*
- Fat 19g 29%
- Saturated Fat 6g 38%
- Cholesterol 29mg 10%
- Sodium 541mg 24%
- Potassium 322mg 9%
- Carbohydrates 9g 3%
- Fiber 3g 13%
- Sugar 3g 3%
- Protein 6g 12%
- Vitamin A870IU 17%
- Vitamin C 15.3mg 19%
- CalciuM 50mg 5%
- IroN 1.4mg 8%