These Peanut Butter Spider Cookies are adorable and delicious! They are the perfect combo for a fun Halloween treat that everyone will enjoy. Whether you make them for a party or just to eat these, Halloween cookies, are bound to be a hit!
These Halloween treats show my soft spot for one of my character pairings—peanut butter and chocolate! As fast as these treats vanish, I know I’m not by any means the only one with this shortcoming! They’re straightforward and delightful!
With two or three additional fixings, you can take essential peanut butter treats to a higher level by making them into Spider Cookies for Halloween. Simply think about your kid’s eyes illuminating as they open their lunch at school and find one of these peanut butter insect treats glancing back at them! Ideally, they don’t think that it is excessively dreadful!
Regardless of whether you’re making these for an adorable and frightening treat paving the way to Halloween, or you have a Halloween party arranged and need to serve a great sweet to a group, this peanut butter bug treats formula will give you additional mother focuses, without a doubt!
HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES FROM CRUMBLING?
- Usually, you can use a substitute for butter but in this recipe, it is not suggested. It tends to change the consistency of the cookie which causes it to crumble. It can also be crumbling because you are using too much flour. When you measure out your flour, level it off with the backside of a butter knife for an accurate measurment.
Cute and creepy, this Halloween Peanut Butter Spider Cookies recipe is sure to be a hit at your next Halloween party!
- PREP TIME 45 minutes
- COOK TIME 10 minutes
- TOTAL TIME 55 minutes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar, for rolling
- 48 miniature Reese’s cups, unwrapped and frozen
- 96 candy eyes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.
- Form into 1″ balls.
- Roll in sugar and place a couple of inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately, gently press an upside down frozen peanut butter cup on top of each cookie and move to wire rack to cool.
- After placing and moving all of the cookies on the wire rack, put in place the candy eyes while chocolate is still slightly soft.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow cookies to firm.
- Put chocolate chips in the corner of zippered sandwich bag.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, knead and repeat until chocolate has melted.
- Clip tiny piece off of the corner of bag to allow for piping and draw eight legs on each spider cookie.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow legs to set.
YIELD: 48 | SERVING SIZE: 1 grams | Amount Per Serving: | CALORIES: 339 | TOTAL FAT: 17g | SATURATED FAT: 6g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 2g | CHOLESTEROL: 8mg |SODIUM: 220mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 46g | FIBER: 1g | SUGAR: 35g | PROTEIN: 6g