Buttermilk Roasted Chicken – the chicken is very moist, tender, and super flavorful!
This formula is a better method to make chicken drumsticks taste scrumptious – they are marinated in buttermilk, garlic, new parsley, salt and pepper for 24 hours prior to simmering (preparing in the broiler at 400 F). This guarantees the chicken softens and gets injected with delectable flavors!
You’ll adore the effortlessness of the buttermilk cooked chicken formula. 10 minutes of readiness: making the marinade and pouring it over the chicken. 24 hours inactive time: your chicken sits in a cooler pack with buttermilk sauce poured over it in the refrigerator. At long last, prepare your chicken at 400 F the following day!
This Buttermilk Roasted Chicken recipe is a healthier way to make chicken drumsticks taste delicious. The chicken is marinated in buttermilk, garlic, fresh parsley, salt and pepper for 24 hours before roasting. Then, it is baked (roasted) in the oven at 400 F. This ensures the chicken tenderizes and gets infused with delicious flavors!
- PREP TIME 10 mins
- COOK TIME 30 mins
- TOTAL TIME 40 mins
- COURSE Main Course
- CUISINE American
- SERVINGS 3 servings
- CALORIES PER SERVING 343 kcal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves , minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley , minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 6 chicken drumstick
- Combine buttermilk, olive oil, minced garlic, minced fresh parsley, salt and black pepper in a small bowl and whisk really well. Place chicken drumsticks in one-gallon freezer bag, pour the buttermilk marinade over the chicken and distribute evenly over all chicken drumsticks. Squeeze as much air out of the freezer bag as possible and close the bag. Refrigerate the marinated chicken in a freezer bag for 24 hours.
- After your chicken has been marinated for 24 hours, preheat oven to 400 F. Use a medium size casserole dish – I used 2.5 quart oval casserole dish ( 13 inches * 9 inches *4 inches deep). Place chicken in the casserole dish – and pour all of the marinade on top and around the chicken. Roast for about 30-45 minutes (depends on your oven), until chicken juices run clear, the chicken drumsticks are browned and scorched in spots. If needed, broil for about 5-10 more minutes to get more color.
- Serve immediately, use the sauce from the pan.
Buttermilk Roast Chicken with Garlic
Amount per Serving | Calories 343% | Daily Value* | Fat 21g 32% | Saturated Fat 5g 31% Cholesterol 148mg 49% | Sodium 635mg 28% | Potassium 521mg15% | Carbohydrates 6g 2% | Sugar 4g 4% | Protein 29g 58% | Vitamin A 1045IU 21% | Vitamin C 14.9mg 18% | Calcium 130mg 13% | Iron 1.7mg 9%