Butternut Squash and Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate Seeds, and Poppy Seed Honey-Lime Dressing – a great choice for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, or any other Fall and Winter holiday menu!
This butternut squash and spinach salad is an ideal Autumn or Winter side dish, since it utilizes bunches of occasional fixings that are accessible this season. Sound, without gluten, loaded with supplements and fiber!
How to make honey lime salad dressing:
In a medium bowl combine ¼ cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, 3 tablespoons of softened honey, 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
Whisk until emulsified.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
How to make butternut squash salad:
In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of roasted butternut squash (cubed), 10 oz of chopped spinach leaves, ⅔ cup of pecans, ½ cup cranberries, and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
Add the Honey Lime salad dressing and gently toss.
Top with the remaining ⅓ cup pecan halves and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
Butternut Squash and Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate with Poppy Seed Honey-Lime Dressing. Healthy, gluten free, packed with veggies. The best salad for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve or any other Fall and Winter holiday menu!
- PREP TIME 10 mins
- COOK TIME 25 mins
- TOTAL TIME 35 mins
- COURSE Salad
- CUISINE American
- SERVINGS 4 servings
- CALORIES PER SERVING 516 kcal
Roasted butternut squash:
- 1 pound butternut squash , peeled, seeded, and cubed into 1-inch cubes (Yields about 3 cups of uncooked cubed butternut squash)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey softened
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 oz baby spinach , about 10 cups of torn leaves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
Roasted butternut squash:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cubed butternut squash (peeled and seeded),1 tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and toss to mix.
- Place butternut squash in a single layer on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning once half-way through baking, until softened.
Honey Lime Salad Dressing:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
How to assemble butternut squash salad
- In a large bowl, combine roasted butternut squash, spinach leaves (chop them up a little), ⅔ cup of pecans, ½ cup cranberries, and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
- Add the salad dressing and gently toss.
- Top with the remaining ⅓ cup pecans and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
Butternut Squash and Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate
Amount per Serving | Calories 516% | Daily Value* | Fat 36g 55% | Saturated Fat 4g 25% | Sodium 105mg 5% | Potassium 960mg 27% | Carbohydrates 50g 17% | Fiber 8g 33% | Sugar 29g 32% | Protein 6g 12% | Vitamin A 18715IU 374% | Vitamin C 48.3mg 59% | Calcium 174mg 17% | Iron 3.9mg 22%