One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies – boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked with sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus, cherry tomatoes in a delicious basil pesto sauce. Everything is done in one pan, 30 minutes recipe from start to finish!
Chicken delectably covered with basil pesto sauce and served along tasty vegetables. Sound, gluten free, Mediterranean style formula, loaded with fiber (vegetables) and protein (chicken).
This pesto chicken is an ideal dinner for the sweltering days of the Summer – light, loaded with veggies, brimming with splendid tones, thus tasty! I love serving this pesto chicken with a new Summer salad, and my outright current most loved is avocado plate of mixed greens with mozzarella and basil pesto.
How to cook pesto chicken:
- First, cook boneless, skinless chicken thighs (sliced into thinner strips) with sun-dried tomatoes until the chicken is completely cooked, and coat the chicken with basil pesto:
- how to cook chicken, basil chicken, best chicken recipes
- Add cherry tomatoes to the chicken in the skillet:
- chicken dinner recipes, chicken and vegetables, basil chicken, basil tomato chicken
- Cook the asparagus and combine all the ingredients together:
Delicious Pesto Chicken and Veggies. Sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus, cherry tomatoes in a delicious basil pesto sauce. 30 minutes from start to finish, everything is cooked in one pan. Gluten free, healthy, Mediterranean style recipe.
- PREP TIME 10 mins
- COOK TIME 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME 30 mins
- COURSE Main Course
- CUISINE Mediterranean
- SERVINGS 4 servings
- CALORIES PER SERVING 423 kcal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs boneless and skinless, sliced into strips
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil, chopped
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half, if large
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes yellow and red, halved
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, add sliced chicken thighs, season chicken generously with salt, add half of chopped sun-dried tomatoes – and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken and sun-dried from the skillet, leaving oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, remaining half of sun-dried tomatoes, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus cooked through. Remove asparagus to serving plate.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, add pesto, stir to coat on low-medium heat until chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add halved cherry tomatoes, mix with the pesto and the chicken. Add chicken and tomatoes to the serving plate with asparagus.
One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
Amount per Serving | Calories 423% | Daily Value* | Fat 32g 49% | Saturated Fat 7g 44% | Cholesterol 112mg 37% | Sodium 261mg 11% | Potassium 856mg 24% | Carbohydrates 12g 4% | Fiber 4g 17% | Sugar 7g 8% | Protein 23g 46% | Vitamin A 1520IU 30% | Vitamin C 18.4mg 22% | Calcium 75mg 8% | Iron 4.4mg 24%