Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are a fun game day appetizer that’s the best of both worlds! Crunchy egg rolls are filled with a creamy buffalo chicken filling, then cooked in the air fryer for a crispy texture that’s healthier and lighter than deep frying.
I’m a sucker for bison chicken, so these Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls were an easy decision! Cooking them noticeable all around fryer makes it less untidy and better, as well. For more wild ox chicken plans, make certain to attempt Boneless Buffalo Wings and Buffalo Chicken Dip.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Making homemade Egg Rolls in your air fryer is so easy! Mix up the filling, roll the egg rolls (just like rolling a burrito), then air fry until golden and crispy.
- Make the filling – Start by mixing together shredded chicken, shredded cheese, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Form egg rolls – Roll the egg rolls by placing a wrapper on a clean surface. Add about 2 tablespoons of the chicken filling to the center, then fold both sides over the filling to meet in the middle – you should create a triangle shape. Then take the bottom of the wrapper and fold up to create an envelope shape. Roll the wrapper like a burrito until completely rolled.
- Seal the edges – Seal the egg roll edges by dipping your fingers in a little water and running it along the seam of the wrapper to seal together. Repeat the forming and sealing until the egg roll filling is gone.
- Coat in breadcrumbs – Make the egg wash by whisking an egg in a medium bowl. Dip the formed egg roll into the egg wash then roll into the breadcrumbs. This step is optional, but it creates an extra crispy texture and adds a nice flavor.
- Air fry – Add the egg rolls to the air fryer and cook at 390℉ for 7 minutes. Flip the egg rolls over, spray them with cooking spray and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are filled with creamy buffalo chicken, then cooked in the air fryer for a crispy texture that’s healthy and light.
- PREP TIME 21 mins
- COOK TIME 14 mins
- TOTAL TIME 35 mins
- COURSE Appetizer
- CUISINE American
- SERVINGS 12 egg rolls
- CALORIES 191kcal
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese full fat, block style
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- In a large mixing bowl add shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and diced green onions. Mix together to form filling and set aside.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on cutting board or counter, add 2 tablespoons of buffalo filling to the center of the wrapper. Turn both sides over the filling to meet in the middle creating a triangle shape. Take the bottom of the wrapper and fold up creating an envelope shape. Start to roll the wrapper like a burrito until it is completely rolled.
- Seal edges of wrapper with a touch of water. (I use my fingers to dip into the water and run my finger along the seam of the wrapper to seal together). Repeat until all egg rolls are made.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk the egg. Pour breadcrumbs onto a plate. Dip egg roll into the egg wash, then roll into breadcrumbs. Repeat until all egg rolls are coated.
- Add egg rolls to air fryer and cook on 390 degrees for 7 minutes. Turn egg rolls over, spritz them with cooking spray, and cook for an additional 7 minutes. You may need to do this in 2 batches.
- Storage: If you do have leftover egg rolls, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: Let them cool, then wrap in plastic wrap or foil. Place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Reheating: They will lose their crunch in the fridge, but you can reheat egg rolls in the air fryer at 325℉ for several minutes until warmed to crisp them up again.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Calories: 191kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 524mg
- Potassium: 120mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 293IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 108mg
- Iron: 1mg