Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes are glazed with a sweet cinnamon honey sauce and roasted in the oven. The edges become crispy and caramelized, the insides soft and tender and the flavor – incredible! This easy, healthy side dish will surely steal the show!
As a child, the main way I would eat yams is in the event that they coincidentally stalled out to the cooked marshmallow I was pulling off the highest point of my mother’s Sweet Potato Casserole. Presently that I’m more seasoned and have children of my own who like to take out the marshmallows, I’ve understood the genuine worth and excellence of the renowned yam.
These Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes are delicate within, firm outwardly with a sweet cinnamon flavor that everybody loves. They are quick and speedy so you can appreciate them any time, not simply around special times of year!
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes take just a short amount of prep and about 40 minutes to roast. Most of the time this recipe takes is cooking time, so you’re free to prep the rest of your meal.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. If your oven has a roast function, use that. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes clean and peel the skins off. Feel free to leave bits of skin on for texture if you like. Chop the potatoes into chunks, getting them as even in size as possible for even cooking. Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Pour the mixture over the sweet potato chunks and use a spatula or large spoon to stir them up.
- Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet, slightly spaced apart to allow air to circulate, then sprinkle with salt.
- Roast sweet potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes, then flip them over and roast for another 15-20 minutes or until they are nice and soft. When they reach a tenderness you’re happy with, pull them out of the oven and let them rest for several minutes before serving.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes are coated in a cinnamon honey sauce and roasted until they are crispy and caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside.
- PREP TIME 10 mins
- COOK TIME 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME 30 mins
- COURSE Side Dish
- CUISINE American
- SERVINGS 8 servings
- CALORIES 150kcal
- 2 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks, then place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon. Pour over sweet potatoes and toss to coat completely.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, then flip pieces over and roast for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes reach your desired tenderness.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 150kcal
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 186mg
- Potassium: 539mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 12g
- Vitamin A: 21793IU
- Vitamin C: 22mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- Iron: 1mg