These spicy, smoky Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas are not only delicious they’re ready in about 20 minutes! Brightly colored bell peppers, aromatic onion, lean chicken breast, and flavorful Mexican spices come together to create a fun and easy meal that is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Moment Pot Chicken Fajitas are incredible when you need to eat on the table quick. Present with some Homemade Flour Tortillas and Authentic Mexican Rice as an afterthought for a total dinner your family will cherish.
Every one of the fixings are cooked together in a tension cooker so your supper will be finished lightning quick and you’ll just have one pot to wash. Truly, these Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas are so fast and simple to make that you can absolutely legitimize making them for lunch or as your week by week dinner prep!
Expert Tips and FAQ’s
- The cooking time listed does not include the time it takes for your instant pot to come up to pressure, which can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes.
- Not a huge fan of chicken? Try using strip steak instead.
- Like your food extra spicy? Double the amount of red pepper flakes you use.
- For shredded chicken fajitas, use whole skinless chicken breasts and cook with the veggies and seasonings for 12 minutes Transfer to a cutting board and shred with two forks. I prefer removing the chicken so I don’t accidentally shred the veggies too.
- Trying to avoid eating too many carbs? Ditch the tortilla and eat your fajita filling over cauliflower rice or a bed of lettuce instead.
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas are made with simple ingredients like bell peppers and Mexican spices, and dinner is ready in about 20 minutes!
- PREP TIME 10 mins
- COOK TIME 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME 21 mins
- COURSE Dinner
- CUISINE Mexican
- SERVINGS 4 servings
- CALORIES 461kcal
- 3 pounds thinly sliced chicken breast
- 2 green bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ cup water
- Warm tortillas
- Toppings of your choice like shredded cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes or guacamole
- Add sliced chicken, cumin, paprika, chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and water into the pot of the pressure cooker. Give the mixture a good stir.
- Add sliced bell peppers and onion to chicken mixture and stir again.
- Place the lid onto the pressure cooker, making sure the valve is set to sealed.
- Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes before performing a quick release.
- Once your quick release is complete, remove the lid from your pot, spoon your fajita filling into your tortillas and garnish with the toppings of your choice.
- Storage: Place your fajita mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Or, freeze for up to 4 months.
- Reheating: If frozen, thaw completely overnight. Warm the chicken and veggie mixture in the microwave, throw it into a warm tortilla and top with salsa and sour cream.
- Meal Prep: Cook the fajita mixture according to the directions and store 4-6 individual portions in meal prep containers. When it’s time to eat, just pull one out of the fridge and enjoy cold or heat up in the microwave.
- Calories: 461kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 75g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 218mg
- Sodium: 2765mg
- Potassium: 1753mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Vitamin A: 3416IU
- Vitamin C: 239mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- Iron: 4mg