Mexican Fried Rice is a fast and easy one pan meal with ground beef, rice, peppers, corn and spices. It has bold flavors and a burst of fresh lime for a filling and satisfying dinner.
Mexican Fried Rice is an incredible dish to make on a bustling weeknight. It has a huge load of flavor, it cooks rapidly and you can undoubtedly redo it. It’s superb as a total dinner with simply some new Corn Tortillas as an afterthought. You could likewise balance it with a decent Wedge Salad as a starter. Or then again top it with some natively constructed Guacamole and serve some tortilla chips and salsa as an afterthought.
This formula is ideally suited for spending extra rice, and is not the same as the customary egg singed rice you may be utilized to. There are bunches of striking flavors and Mexican flavors, in addition to a new eruption of citrus and spice when you polish the dish off with lime and cilantro.
You can alter with veggies that you like – in case you’re not an enthusiast of chime peppers, overlook them and add zucchini all things considered. Attempt it with ground turkey or chicken, or even destroyed chicken.
Mexican Fried Rice Recipe Tips
- Always use cold rice. If you’re wanting to make this recipe and you don’t have any leftover rice, here’s a tip. Cook some rice about an hour before you want to make your meal. Lay some parchment paper onto a baking sheet and when the rice is finished cooking, spread it out on the parchment paper and pop the whole tray into the fridge. Spreading it out will help it chill faster.
- Chop ingredients small. You want to be able to eat everything together in the same bite, so it’s important to use small cuts for the onions and peppers.
- Variations: Feel free to add black beans or pinto beans. You could also sub these for the meat if you’re looking for a vegetarian dish.
- Storing leftovers: Mexican Fried Rice should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 or 4 days.
- Can you freeze Mexican Fried Rice? Absolutely! Allow the rice to cool completely before placing into a resealable freezer bag or freezer safe container.
- Reheating: Make sure rice is completely thawed if reheating from frozen. Heat in a covered microwaveable steamer or on the stove.
Mexican Fried Rice is a quick one pan meal with ground beef, rice, peppers and corn. The bold flavors make this dinner a real crowd pleaser.
- PREP TIME 10 mins
- COOK TIME 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME 30 mins
- COURSE Dinner, Main Course
- CUISINE American, Mexican
- SERVINGS 6 servings
- CALORIES 529kcal
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon tomato bouillon Caldo de Tomat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 4 ounce can green chiles
- 2 medium limes plus more, if desired
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- Fresh cilantro if desired, for garnish
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crumble ground beef into the skillet and add diced onion and peppers. Cook until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; 5-7 minutes. Drain any excess grease.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add minced garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin and tomato bouillon. Saute for 1 minute, then add corn, green chiles, tomato paste, juice from one lime and water. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until mixture is reduced and thickened.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and stir in rice. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. *For crispy bits of rice, press down on the mixture after each stir and let sit for 1-2 minutes each time.
- Remove from heat and juice the second lime over the rice and stir.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with cilantro (optional) and lime wedges.
- Calories: 529kcal
- Carbohydrates: 99g
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- Potassium: 468mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 61g
- Vitamin A: 1414IU
- Vitamin C: 34mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- Iron: 3mg