Meatball and Tortellini Soup is a hearty soup full of Johnsonville Italian-style meatballs and cheese tortellini plus some fresh spinach in a tomato broth. Using frozen, pre-cooked meatballs is a great way to cut down on cooking time and get supper on the table in a hurry.
To make Meatball and Tortellini Soup I saute some onion in a little olive oil. I then, at that point, add a minced clove of garlic, a container of meat stock (you could utilize chicken stock all things considered), diced tomatoes, a little jar of pureed tomatoes, in addition to some oregano. I let the frozen meatballs stew for around 15 minutes and afterward add a bundle of refrigerated tortellini. When the tortellini is practically delicate, I add some spinach and some substantial cream to give the soup some richness.
It’s the Johnsonville Meatballs that truly give this Meatball and Tortellini Soup a staggering character. Johnsonville Frozen Meatballs come in three assortments: Classic Italian, Homestyle, and Three Cheese. I utilized the Classic Italian which has an awesome mix of premium cuts of pork with basil, garlic, and Italian-style flavors. Johnsonville Meatballs can be found in the cooler walkway at your supermarket. Since they are precooked, in simply an issue of minutes they can be warmed and added to your Italian dishes.
I love changing up the flavor of recipes by using sausage instead of ground beef. It can turn an old recipe that you’ve grown tired of into a brand new meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Meatball and Tortellini Soup is a hearty soup with lots of meatballs, tortellini, and spinach simmered in a tomato broth.
PREP: 5 mins
COOK: 22 mins
TOTAL: 27 mins
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1//2 teaspoon salt
- 12-16 frozen Johnsonville Italian meatballs
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated tortellini
- 2 leaves handfuls baby spinach
- 1/3 cup heavy cream optional
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, and meatballs.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tortellini and simmer just until barely al dente.
- Stir in spinach leaves and heavy cream
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt if desired.